PDA

View Full Version : carby cleaner

L-Plates
08-08-2006, 10:23 AM
does any1 know how to clean my engine with carby cleaner...the throttle body or sumthing on my EG GL...
i read up on the DA9 one but the EG set up is completely different and yeah i dno what to do..:P...

Eclipsor
20-08-2006, 10:30 AM
The carby cleaner should have the instructions on the can. I havn't looked at a twin carb for quite a while so this is just from what I remember.

You'll need to remove the airbox and air filter. If you're not sure how to do this. It is the big plate looking thing towards the back of the engine bay. Has dual carb writting on the top of it I think. Should have 1 or 2 wingnuts on the back and clips around the edge.

Now you should be able to see two tubes going back in towards the engine. These are the carb throats. Probably covered with mesh. Remove this mesh aswell. Will probably be held on by a few bolts. You don't have to do this but it will give easier access to the insides of the carby. Just don't lose anything down there :P

Now you should be able to follow the instructions on the can. To open the throttle flaps find the throttle cable. It is the big cable that loops all over the engine bay encased in a plastic tube. Find where it attaches to the carby and you should be able to hinge this bit with your hand. This will once again let you get in further with the cleaner.

Hope this is what you were after and is of some use.