PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights not working at all!!! HELP!

Chris S15
08-08-2006, 11:08 AM
I all,
Just bought myself an EG civic lastnight. Only to realise that the dash lights don't work...

the owner tried the dimmer switch..but that didn't do anything.

i've checked all the fuses and all are fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx!

Chris

simbadda54
08-08-2006, 11:16 AM
did he change em to led's? u can only put leds in in one way

CRXer
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Pull the dimmer switch out & disconnect it.

Check for 12V(with lights turned on) from red/black wire to a good ground on the chassis.If nothing then recheck fuses under dash.

Check black wire is continuous,ie very low ohms,to chassis ground.If not trace black wire & attach it properly to ground.

If both these checks are good then dimmer is stuffed & u need new one,so just put red/black wire back on dimmer, & leave black wire & red wire off for now but join them together temporarily,ie just tape the 2 pins together well(or join them permanently if you dont care about dimming),& everything will work but not dim until you find new switch to put in.

If you dont have multi just do the last step(join red & black) & see if it all works.

marte
08-08-2006, 08:47 PM
btw this is a common problem in eg's :)

Fo55il
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
stupid EG's - btw Narte i seen yo car a few timez - its tight i like it - wer u get yo hood from?

Chris S15
09-08-2006, 12:02 AM
i didn't touch anything...

lights would come on....next corner...they'd be off again....

i never use the dimmer option anyways..so i'll try the dimmer by pass thing =)
Thanx 4 that! =)

Chris S15
09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
did he change em to led's? u can only put leds in in one way

i don't think so...the car is completely stock =)

Chris S15
14-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Pull the dimmer switch out & disconnect it.

Check for 12V(with lights turned on) from red/black wire to a good ground on the chassis.If nothing then recheck fuses under dash.

Check black wire is continuous,ie very low ohms,to chassis ground.If not trace black wire & attach it properly to ground.

If both these checks are good then dimmer is stuffed & u need new one,so just put red/black wire back on dimmer, & leave black wire & red wire off for now but join them together temporarily,ie just tape the 2 pins together well(or join them permanently if you dont care about dimming),& everything will work but not dim until you find new switch to put in.

If you dont have multi just do the last step(join red & black) & see if it all works.

WORKED!!!! I CAN SEE THE LIGHT!!! hehehe. Thanx heaps! =) First time in a week that i could see what speed i'm doing at night. hahaha =)

bennjamin
14-08-2006, 09:48 AM
wow i just wrote this up lol !

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=49757

joyride
14-08-2006, 09:50 AM
rep point for CRXer

ECU-MAN
14-08-2006, 08:01 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CRXer again.

I cant keep up with him

CRXer
14-08-2006, 11:19 PM
[/INDENT][/LEFT]

I cant keep up with him

cos ya too busy writing the best DIY's on the net
I still havent finished reading the crx bseries conversion one cos its longer than a service manual:)