PDA

View Full Version : couple questions. ! is removing door moulds. 2# would you pay this much.

nugget666
08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
I got my a quote today for painting my skirts,lips and door moulds.

only got one price other to places are geting back to me.

They want 390$ to paint it all. I havnt offerd a cash amount yet though Im thiking about saying 330$ cash see what they say.

woudl you think that is a good price for facotry skirts, ctr rear lip , ctr front lip, and the 6 door moulds?

Thats me taking it the bits there. not including them taking it off and pitting them back on. ill do that my self save me 200$

questions #2 How do i remove the door moulds. I undertstand you take hte door trims of and there are clips.

what about the little one that isnt on a door. Whats hte easyest way to remove that one?

EK4R
08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
buddy just let him paint the lips. the moulds paint it urself :P hehe

which little bits are you talkin about? the one on the fender? i thought you could reach in from where your wheel is and remove the clips? have a look , take off ur rims.

nugget666
08-08-2006, 05:44 PM
buddy just let him paint the lips. the moulds paint it urself :P hehe

which little bits are you talkin about? the one on the fender? i thought you could reach in from where your wheel is and remove the clips? have a look , take off ur rims.

I just had a quick look. I think you have to remove the plastic guard in your wheel arch to get to it???

I worked it out to be about 260$ with no door moulds painted. hmmmm

It will ook poo if i do them myself lol. special with touchup paint out a can.

Zdster
08-08-2006, 06:12 PM
That is a pretty good price for all that.

|N|
08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
side door protector... u have to take out the interior trim to pop it out of the clip fomr inside... do i search .. its been covered b4 already ... but i didnt mine myself.. turns out still ok...

mrwillz
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
ok u can diy if u haf the time
check this link
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33996&highlight=paint
ahmie has a lil DIY there

i got my skirts,all moulding, back no. plate all done for 250, removing DIY styles first..
that extra 100+ is a good saving

nugget666
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
What about taking of the door moulds. I have heard they stretch? will they go back on as easy ans they came off.

Fr3aKi3
08-08-2006, 08:13 PM
If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks i'll do a DIY on how to remove EK (sedan) dơr trims, planning to colour code mine but i just wanna get my boot install done first.