PDA

View Full Version : SX16 Transmission Exploded! What to do?

blackjok3r
08-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone.

My 88 Integra SX16 transmission exploded and now its missing gears, linkages and casing peices. :eek: I cannot seem to find another transmission to replace it. There is a browntop D16 with 176,000KM on the clock thats been left outside in the rain at a wreckers with a transmission in it, that I can get for $450! :eek: Don't know if it will even fit.

The other option is to get a blacktop one transported from the east and I can have it for $480, with a 3 month warrenty and its done 125,000KM. :thumbsup:

This to me seems a lot for such an old item. I tried to huint down a JDM ZC tranny from an Integra DA1 but they dont seem to exist. :thumbdwn:

So now I have to fork out $480 and by the time I have it my license will be gone. Long story dont ask. :mad: So its hardly worth fixing it. But I'll still need a car when I get my license back. :angel:

I'm just wondering what you guys think? Should I get the transmission and fix it or just **** it off and save for a new car whilst I dont have the expense of owning one?

yourfather
08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
People on here are selling D series motors with gearboxes for like 300 bucks man.

If I was you, I'd track down a B18B + gearbox for your car.

qikteg
09-08-2006, 09:08 AM
if you can do the work yourself, mite as well get it fixed, and if you can't drive it, then sell it, and save for another car when you get your license back.

unfortunately, you won't get much $$$ for an 88 integra with no gearbox...