PDA

View Full Version : DC2 dash conversion for EG

dc2itr
10-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Ppl,

need some info. I'm sure many ppl have done this before and I thought there would already be a thread about this somewhere on this site but can't seem to find.

Planning to chuck my DC2 dash into my EG civic. Anyone who's done this before, can you please give me some info on the conversion.'

What parts needed from Integra (besides the obvious)
Any customising needed?
Difficulty level?

Some people say there is a fair bit of fiddling around while others think it's a straight bolt-on. Need to know.

Cheers

CRXer
10-08-2006, 01:35 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45991

Q_ball
10-08-2006, 02:38 AM
When you say "dash", are you referring to the whole thing or just the cluster?
Thought id ask as some ppl do tend to get them mixed up...

marte
10-08-2006, 03:51 AM
on honda-tech if you go to the civic FAQ section you'll see a few people who've done it. Im planning to do it soon also.

incoming
10-08-2006, 07:27 AM
run a search.. someone asked about it and i linked them to honda-tech (USA)
its step by step DIY, so i guess u could judge for urself how easy/hard it will be

Disco-d
10-08-2006, 10:47 AM
ur going to need a Dc2 fan blower, the EG's is to big for the teg dash,
also u prob going to need to cut into either the steering column or the actuall dash itself.
The only other thing that is going to be a lil bit hard is cutting into the door panels to get the dash to fit
Also the wiring....in that case if i were u/neone if u have no idea take it to an auto electrictian....

hope that helps u out a lil bit DC2itr

dc2itr
16-08-2006, 07:22 AM
yeah thanks guys. Sorry took so long to get back to u's. With the wiring, I'm doing a B18C7 conversion in my EG so I am going to use the integra wiring loom, so dash will plug in straight away. Some ppl are saying that there will be a big gap in b/w the dash and door hinges. Has any1 heard of just a cluster conversion, ie DC2 cluster in a EG without changing the whole dash. I ask because I have seen a Series 2 CRX with the integra cluster custom installed. Anyone know if this is possible/?>>

Cheers

Disco-d
16-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Hey buddy, ive just found the perfect DIY FAQ.....its one of the best write ups that i have seen for this topic! hope it helps a lil.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1211255

dc2itr
17-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks to all for your help ppl. Disco-d, cheers mate. Checked it out, more work than I expected but I think it is definitely worth it. Not too fond of the big ass gap between the dash and the chassis (see last pic on Disco-D's link), but I'll see if I can somehow fill that in. Will be sure to keep every1 posted on how it goes. cheers