PDA

View Full Version : handling of CD accord

Jazzle
10-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi there, Im thinking of getting a CD5 accord. I have done lot of searching and couldn't find much info about the handling of this car. Since im getting an accord, im not expecting it to handle like a type r or anything, but more like the riding feel of euro (well, something sportier but also comfry =) ).
is it gonna be hard to find aftermarket parts?? thanx ;)

i know whiteline has rear sway bar for it but do they have the full handling kit?

aaronng
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm sure they have suspension kits out there. This was the Accord that Japan got. :)

Handling-wise, stock is not as stiff as the Euro. But initial turn in is pretty good. Of course, once you replace the shocks and springs with coilovers, you have the handling of double wishbones all round.

Eclipsor
10-08-2006, 07:24 PM
There are lots of parts around for the cd. They share the same suspension as the earlier cb accord and apparently one of the cl's. However the parts aren't as easy to get as civics and integras. Give Trav a yell at underground imports to see what Whiteline has to offer. King springs also make lowering springs for them. Which are readily available here.

Apart from that you are probably going to have to import from the US or Japan for high end coilovers etc. Which isn't really that hard if you find a trustworthy dealer.

poid
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
its a pretty soft ride on the stock suspension, but its still not too bad. Once you add some good shocks+springs/coilovers it becomes a pretty fun car to drive.

There are swaybars, front and rear strut braces, bushing kits, lower tie bars, etc etc available in the aftermarket so there are some options if you wanna go further than just shocks and springs.

Rico
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
CD's have an unbelievable amount of aftermarket parts (if your not too fussed about ordering overseas), just check for yourself,

http://motors.search.ebay.com/94-accord_Car-Truck-Parts_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfmcZ1QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsop Z1QQsacatZ6030

Jazzle
10-08-2006, 11:20 PM
=) thanx very much guys for the info..

oh also, a bit out of topic.. are there any common problems from the CD accord that i should be aware of?? coz im gonna go check them out in the weekend. thanx again.

Vinnie
11-08-2006, 01:48 AM
http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2048/act/usedcarreviewreliability/
this is for the american model but most of these are pretty rare. the most common prob over here with gen5's seems to be in relation to the fuel sender unit which can give dodgy fuel gauge readings but even thats uncommon. overall its a very sturdy and well put together car but thats no surprise coz its a honda ;) other than that wen looking jus make sure u do all the basics such as make sure its got a good service history as ive heard that honda used parts can get expensive... and good luck :D

Jazzle
11-08-2006, 09:04 AM
=D thanx, ur making me desperate to buy it hahaha.. just hope it is really in A1 condition then i b joining the party ;)