PDA

View Full Version : Honda Ascot

Timaay
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I've recently met up with a honda at my wreakers that i work at on w'ends and i have noticed that there is a Honda Ascot sitting on its guts with no wheels and a tad of front end damage. l have never seen these cars b4 till now! has anyone seen em on tha road? it had nsw plates. they look like an accord x legend bout 90''model ish with a f20 single cam pgfi motor. im thinking its an accord with a special name. got pics but cant get them up on this site bcos photobucket keeps stuffin me around.

tseesinngwailo
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
This was on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Ascot
(mods please delete me if i should post like this?)
Car: 1989-93

The first Honda car with the name Ascot was announced in September 1989. This was identical to the new Honda Accord announced at the same time, save the front and rear ends. It had been created so that Honda can push the car in two different dealership channels.

Car: 1993-97

Honda Ascot(1995) manufactured for japanese market

The second Honda Ascot was introduced in October 1993. It also has a sister car, the Honda Rafaga, for different retail channels. Unlike the first Ascot, however, this car was not based on the Accord. Instead, it features a 5-cylinder engine, longitudinally laid out in the engine bay, with the gearbox slotted underneath it. This layout is the same as the Acura Vigor and Acura Legend at the time. The Ascot is shorter and narrower than the Vigor, and features as its selling point a taller roofline than most Honda sedans. 2.0- and 2.5-liter engines were available.

The Ascot and Rafaga were discontinued in late 1997 as a new Honda Accord and its sister, the Accord Torneo, came on board. These were a few inches shorter and narrower than the US-bound Accord.

Timaay
10-08-2006, 06:14 PM
thanks 4 tha reply dude, didnt relise there were so many fricken accords same year model! but still doest answer my other question, anyone seen one in aus driving around?