PDA

View Full Version : servicing car at hanny's

gatecrasher
16-05-2004, 11:10 AM
I've read in the forums that at hanny's they don't like cars that have mods on it. My car has full aftermarket exhaust, intake and suspension.
Hanny's will still service my car right? Am i gonna get a lecture on speeding or something?

bennjamin
16-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I've read in the forums that at hanny's they don't like cars that have mods on it. My car has full aftermarket exhaust, intake and suspension.
Hanny's will still service my car right? Am i gonna get a lecture on speeding or something?

you dont know Robert (boss)....so it should be ok...those mods arent anything special - UNLESS your car is too low....then all hell breaks loose lol :D

Setanta
16-05-2004, 11:25 AM
lol - like getting it up Robbie's driveway into the shop :D

You'll be fine - if you know him pretty well he'll lecture you - other than that, it'll prolly be Peter or one of the other mechs that does the work on your car ;)

Relax, head in and drive out happy. :)

-MuGen PoWer-
16-05-2004, 12:14 PM
my car is low with a bodykit n 17s and he gave me and my friend(even though he doesnt own the car and innocent) a 30 min lecture hahahha. his a funni guy but!! :D even though i modded my car his still nice 2 me not like sum other ppl i seen him talk 2

all i rememba outa the lecture is wateva u put on the car makes u go backwards and we want to go forward with our honda's.

delsol
16-05-2004, 12:21 PM
hahaha nahhh they dont like lowered cars AT ALL...

they suggested i raise my car... and when i told them i lowered it more, they rolled their eyes around in disgust

hahaha

they're nice guys though :)

Mitch M
16-05-2004, 01:26 PM
hahaha nahhh they dont like lowered cars AT ALL...

they suggested i raise my car... and when i told them i lowered it more, they rolled their eyes around in disgust

hahaha

they're nice guys though :)

so 5cm off the ground will make it up his drive way and not get me a lecture? :lol:

my cars going in there sometime next week most likely, need another D16A chucked in lol

Calvo
16-05-2004, 04:33 PM
haha rob is a funny guy if ya kno him, but yeh it gets hella annoying wen he whinges about mods.
ive given up on him and just put all the stock parts back on the car everytime i bring it in. lol.

wynode
16-05-2004, 05:49 PM
haha you're a funny one Calv!

I remember the last time I was there when you were getting your springs put in.......you just left and I was talking to Peter......5 seconds after we hear this wheelspin. We both just looked at each other and nodded our heads

*tsk*

:D

Mitch M
16-05-2004, 06:13 PM

I remember the last time I was there when you were getting your springs put in.......you just left and I was talking to Peter......5 seconds after we hear this wheelspin. We both just looked at each other and nodded our heads

*tsk*

lol that would be calvo LOL :D

you'll wanna hear my one when i leave after getting my engine put in :D haven't done a decent burnout for nearly a month :(

Calvo
16-05-2004, 06:56 PM

*tsk*

i swear that wasnt me man, if it was i would admit it. lol.
i always try to be sensible wen im at hanny's. lol.
hehe oh well, im sure he's forgotten bout it now :D

MR-VTEC
16-05-2004, 10:05 PM
so whats this hannys place like? good people? do good work? look after your car? :?: :?:

Mitch M
16-05-2004, 10:13 PM

*tsk*

i swear that wasnt me man, if it was i would admit it. lol.
i always try to be sensible wen im at hanny's. lol.
hehe oh well, im sure he's forgotten bout it now :D

lol bullsh*t cal, you just told me in the car it was by "accident" LOL :lol: :D

Setanta
16-05-2004, 11:19 PM
so whats this hannys place like? good people? do good work? look after your car? :?: :?:

No it sucks - thats why everyone goes there and the countless threads all over these forums say they are shit :roll: :roll: :roll:

Qwooootz
16-05-2004, 11:20 PM
any 1 knows how much he charges for a 80 000 service?

lol btw has any1 told him youve wanted to supercharge ur car? lol try that 1

Calvo
17-05-2004, 12:11 AM
any 1 knows how much he charges for a 80 000 service?

lol btw has any1 told him youve wanted to supercharge ur car? lol try that 1
charges depend on the car i think, but hanny's is fair priced, or else so many OH members in syd wouldnt go to him :D

haha i wanna see wat he says wen someone asks robert that... lol. prob get a fly kick to the head.

ArSe
17-05-2004, 12:48 AM
why is this place so good...? what makes him so popular

SiR
17-05-2004, 12:55 AM
I went there for the 1st time last week under the recommendation of many forumers on here.

Maybe they were just very busy that day, but I didn't get the sort of service everyone raves about on here. Robert seemed a nice guy, but was ever quick to point out a car is always best when left stock :D He did service my car and explain a few things, but everything seemed so rushed.

Perhaps next time I go there for a major service, he'll have more time to look at things in greater detail. :)

Setanta
17-05-2004, 07:36 AM
Depends when you saw them I guess, I tend to make it late in the day when things have settled unless it's a major piece of work. Yes they are always flat out and 90% of their work comes from word of mouth, not from advertising.

Dunno - I've known Peter and Robbie for about 19 years - maybe that makes a difference ;)

luzinit
17-05-2004, 07:52 AM
yeh sometimes it is very rushed... once Wah farken put my tyres on 42psi. :|
minor services are like 100 bucks for simple oil change , 50 bucks for oil, 50 for labour.... imo i'll be doing those services from home, since Honda FEO is only 26 bucks, i'll be saving 74 dollars thx ;)

geo41e
17-05-2004, 10:36 AM
wah..lol..42psi....anyawy

yah..hannys is great in terms of servicing and getting things checked out..he gave me a lucture on my springs when i told him they were making noises. he told me to put the stock ones back in.

but when i said i wanted to go lower, he threw his shoe at me...lols....
he has known me since i wus born i think. him and my dad are really good friends...anyways

hannys is great...try not to go on saturdays goes they real busy.
i trust mainly rob and yung...peter and chauk wah are orright...but yeah...

there are two new guyz that look soo lost lols

TODA AU
17-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Why don't you all spill the beans on the mythical Hanny's modifications... LOL

#1 Skipping a tooth on the intake camshaft...
(Makes the car go like a sack of shit, but gee it sounds fast)
#2 Incorrect ignition timing as a result of the above... (But she'll be right)
#3 Unstable idle because of the above... LOL
#4 This is the best... The whacked in fuel pressure regs to increase the fuel pressure...

:P Fantastic stuff that... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

geo41e
17-05-2004, 01:28 PM
lol adrian...

from what i heard...i think he whacks that reg so when we push our cars real hard and very high rpm..its got enuf fuel and doesn't run lean??? i think its bad running lean really high rpm ?

i dunno..jus from what i heard

hey adrian.. l'll be comin to ur place in round a week or 2...waiting for my cat back

jords
17-05-2004, 02:47 PM
I have taken my car to Roberts (hannys) for over 3 years, Yes he is rushed, Yes he puts enormous amounts of shit on you for any modifications, and yes he is a funny guy. BUT They do a really good job for a reasonable price.They dont touch anything else but hondas, thats the best part about it.

HANNY'S IS THE BEST IN SYDNEY FOR HONDAS

Once you get to know him and his style he will almost do anything for you (within reason), ask Peter or Robert anything about your car and they will be more than happy to teach/show you . They know everything there is to know about any model of honda.

I recommend you try them on your next service.

wynode
17-05-2004, 06:23 PM
HANNY'S IS THE BEST IN SYDNEY FOR HONDAS

Is that you RoberT?

mo
17-05-2004, 06:51 PM
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ehor/smileys/rofl.gif

ginganggooly
17-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Why don't you all spill the beans on the mythical Hanny's modifications... LOL

#1 Skipping a tooth on the intake camshaft...
(Makes the car go like a sack of shit, but gee it sounds fast)
#2 Incorrect ignition timing as a result of the above... (But she'll be right)
#3 Unstable idle because of the above... LOL
#4 This is the best... The whacked in fuel pressure regs to increase the fuel pressure...

:P Fantastic stuff that... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
hehehe

seriously... has anyone ever dyno tested the cam timing adjustment from hanny's?

geo41e
17-05-2004, 08:13 PM
nah i havn't

but i heard its just suppose to widen ur power ban and have better mid and top l think

Qwooootz
18-05-2004, 11:50 AM
hrmm i would liek to for myself aswell any1 got a stock B16a2 to compare hehe..

Mitch M
18-05-2004, 12:16 PM
42 psi is the best pressure to run for traction etc.

the dealer PSI rating is awfuly low, due to the fact that a lower tyre pressure will make for a smoother ride and a quieter ride!

higher psi is better, but i usually run mine at about 38psi for normal everyday driving, bump it up to 42 if i wanna hit the twisties ;)

another thing higher PSI does is give you better fuel economy and better wear on your tyres :)

luzinit
18-05-2004, 12:58 PM
42psi is way too high imo, for my tyres, they're meant to be at around 36psi, even then i find it a bit ruff, so i just put it on 32 for driving up and down parra road comfortably

geo41e
18-05-2004, 05:20 PM
umm...l think thats wrong dude
if u have high psi for tires...they will loose grip won't they ? being too hard.
they won't wear out as fast...

having less psi softer tires will give more traction, softer bumps, but will eat ur tires faster...
somebody correct me here..

TODA AU
18-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Um... Not meaning to state the obvious here...
But........
Why not simply read the tire?

Calvo
18-05-2004, 09:24 PM
too high a psi is bad, over-inflation = retarded tyre shape = dangerous...
the roads here in aus r pretty shit, so u generally want them a bit softer unless u dont mind having a shitass ride.

wynode
18-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Why not simply read the tire?

Exactly....then +/- a few PSI depending on what you preffer.

Anyways this is going off topic now.