PDA

View Full Version : Questions for sell car!! HELP ASAP

civicVI
11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
hi everyone
i am in melb! if i sell my car to NSW!!is it i still need to sign the"Vehicle Registration transfer" form for the buyer?
or
Just let the buyer drive to NSW and do the transfer by himself?!
thanks for help!!

iamhappy46
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Yes, you need the Registration transfer to be signed, to make it a legally binding contract. The buyer will then need to use that Registration transfer to get back any outstanding rego fee from Victoria(if possible?), once the car has passed a blue slip in NSW. The registration transfer also allows the buyer to register the car, as it is proof that they own it.

civicVI
11-08-2006, 07:16 PM
SO ... i need to sign the"Vehicle Registration transfer" form for the buyer then let the buyer take it to NSW?
or
the buyer need to get the signd "Vehicle Registration transfer" form to do the transfer in VIC then when the buyer back to NSW do the transfer one more time? (then the buyer need to pay 2 times of the transfer fee)

pls help!thanks!

civicVI
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
anyone help????!!

ekahsm
12-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I dont think the buyer will pay 2x transfer fee.
I believe you sign the form in vic and he signs it as well. He then drive to NSW and in the process he can claim back unused portion of rego from Vicroads and then he needs to register the car with NSW authority. That's it. He could perhaps save the trouble by remaining with Vicroads for the remainder portion and subsequently register the car with NSW?

iamhappy46
12-08-2006, 01:51 PM
^^ agreed

bungsai
12-08-2006, 06:30 PM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/rego_new.html

ure answer is there, you will need proof of aquisition.

civicVI
12-08-2006, 07:37 PM
thx everyone!!