PDA

View Full Version : DC5 speaker setup

freestylerfalcon
12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
could i get suggestions on what to do about speakers??

i was initially gonna change and amp the fronts, maybe leave the rears stock or buy a cheap pair and run from HU,

but i found that with the stock speakers.. the rears seem to be alot better than the fronts.. and more sound comes from the rears at neutral front/rear bias..

this suggests to me that the car is designed for sound to come from rear mostly so maybe i should spend more money on the rears.. is this wrong?

cheers

02hondaGRL
12-08-2006, 05:28 PM
i hvae a DC5 as well. look at the other post i wrote up (huge description on page 2 of the thread) on what system i have in my car. I agree with u about the more sound from back speakers and front ones dont do much. i'd say if anything get components in the front, get the tweeters installed professionally i say cos they have the holes already in the dash, to save making holes in your doors for re-sale value, Um get components in the back as well, because the quality is very good back there, put the tweeters nearest to your seat. get a 4 channel amp to run both sets, and then a sub if you want one to pick up the bass the speakers dont, and run that off a 2 channel or a mono block (if u want to potnetially have 2 subs). Dont worry about 6x9s, just stick to the holes provided, again, resale value. That and the fact that if u put the 6x9s int he boot and point them at a 45 degree angle, or straight at the roof the sound will be bouncing off everywhere and sound crap.

Fhrx
15-08-2006, 04:19 PM
We actually do quite a few DC5's here however seeing as you're seated at the front and your ears face forwards I would concentrate on the front of the vehicle for now. Leave the rear speakers as they are. The only time we bother upgrading the rear speakers is if you either A; have people in the rear all the time or B; run surround sound. We recommend concentrating on getting the stage correct at the front. Most shops would love to sell you another set but you really do not need to upgrade them. For more information regarding this, see here:

http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/fhrxstudios/faq.asp#28

freestylerfalcon
22-08-2006, 11:16 PM
thanks for the feedback..
i think ill upgrade the fronts first.. then rears maybe if i have spare cash..

can anyone tell me the speaker dimensions on the dc5 ??

Fhrx
23-08-2006, 11:09 AM
They're a fully molded 6" driver. To fit any other speaker you'll need to make up an MDF spacer.:)

freestylerfalcon
24-08-2006, 11:31 PM
are there any depth restrictions or anything that i should be aware of when i go out shopping??