PDA

View Full Version : Need help in searching for the right material

Tofu
16-05-2004, 06:00 PM
My intake is hitting against my strut bar, and it's making these grinding vibrating noises...
i have tried wedging sponge between them and tapping it down...but it only lasts 2min before it rips a hole in it... :x

i have thought about using those ricey shoulder pads but i'm affraid it might get oil on it and catch on fire... :P

so does anyone know where i can get a high resistance to abbrasion material that dampens vibration and is not harmful to metal and plastic...(i don't want my strut bar and intake to be damaged)

please help

z10
16-05-2004, 08:07 PM
rubber?

MRJDM
16-05-2004, 08:52 PM
dude why dont you wrap your intake with heat wrap you can buy it at auto barn for bout $60bucks for bout 5mts
looks like a really thick heshan seatbelt

wynode
16-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I second that!

Might not look all sexy.....but will do the job.

Javed
16-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Might be cheaper just to go buy some fiberglass matting for like $5 a square meter! Same shit! I have some here i was gonna use for building my amp rack, but i never got round to it :P

TODA AU
16-05-2004, 09:20 PM
My intake is hitting against my strut bar, and it's making these grinding vibrating noises...
i have tried wedging sponge between them and tapping it down...but it only lasts 2min before it rips a hole in it... :x

i have thought about using those ricey shoulder pads but i'm affraid it might get oil on it and catch on fire... :P

so does anyone know where i can get a high resistance to abbrasion material that dampens vibration and is not harmful to metal and plastic...(i don't want my strut bar and intake to be damaged)

please help

Use 2 zip ties... ;)
Run one around the intake & the strut bar (loosly at first)
Run one around the first zip tie so that it then separates the intake from the strut bar... (do it up tightly, then tighten the first zip tie)
Trim off the excess with a pair of sidecutters & you're done...
This aught to solve your problem quickly, neatly & cheaply.
Cheers

wynode
16-05-2004, 10:00 PM
That sure is an interesting way around it.

Tofu
17-05-2004, 10:44 AM
all great ideas guys..thanks...
now, anyone have a stock dc5 air box they want to sell?
:)