PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

clarence_yeung
12-08-2006, 06:55 PM
hi i am new in ozhonda, and i am getting a stock 97 ek(cxi) civic next week.

Just want to ask some question about it, i hope that you guys can help!!

1st, I am thinking to install an Alarm, power window, Central Locking and Remote Hatch Release on this new baby. Is there anywhere that you guys suggest me to do it?

2nd, i would like to put the rpm Gauge on the A-bar of this car as well, any suggestion?

Zdster
12-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi, and welcome.

Question 1: Are you looking for an actual workshop to do the work for you or are you doing it yourself? As I was told, you will find it near impossible to fit a remote hatch release (ie motor) inside the frame without notching it.

Question 2: You can purchase gauge holders to suit the a pillar, although I am not sure if they come with just a single hole (normally they have two or three holes for a range of gauges).

mrwillz
12-08-2006, 07:37 PM
its a fair bit of work u got planned there
an trusted electrician shud b elcted to do the work for you

clarence_yeung
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
its a fair bit of work u got planned there
an trusted electrician shud b elcted to do the work for you

Does anyone know where can i get the parts from? (cheap and good)

corn_flakes
12-08-2006, 10:12 PM
hey mate, does the word 'cumbo' ring a bell?

aka cumberland?

gReY-oNe
12-08-2006, 10:34 PM
LMAO heyhey welcome to the forum :D

nugget666
13-08-2006, 11:06 AM
When looking at an alarm. I have been told to find a system that uses "black wires" For cheaper insurance purposes and also i think there tested to Australian standard.

I would recomand a professionial install. But if your jsut going to set up a keyless entry system with boot realise. Its easy as pie me and my Have done it. Takes about a good 2 hours

Also for your gauge Why not just sit it in the corner of your dash. and slip it into a nice chrome finished tow ball cover?