PDA

View Full Version : CRV engine bits

Ianest
12-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,
I bought a 2003 CRV sport about a month ago and last week the orange engine light on the dash lit up. Now it comes on whenever I do about 20 kms each time I drive it. It now also wants to stall at the lights, or whenever it idles. I took it to Honda central and the diagnosed it as a rooted Throttle sensor. My warranty does not cover this part, which is part of the throttle body, which I have been told I have to replace. The cost of this item is [B]$1056 + $80 for them to diagnose it and $96 to install when it arrives.

My question is: Does anyone know what other Hondas have the 2.4 (Im not very knowledgable with Honda engines), and does anyone have or know where I could get engine parts from a wrecking CRV or Jap engine supplier?

I'd prefer to buy a secondhand throttle body for 1/3 of this price seeing as I have only had the car for 4 weeks.

Cheers

Ian

Bob
13-08-2006, 02:37 AM
I'd be arguing very strongly about the warranty. Are you certain this is not covered?

Mr_will
13-08-2006, 11:14 AM
not covered by warranty my ass.

if it was me, i would be asking the dealer to fix it for free. if they say no, i would be asking for the name of the honda representative above them, so you could discuss it further.

panda[cRx]
13-08-2006, 02:36 PM
if it's an 03 it will either be still in warranty or just out of warranty. i'm not sure of the location/status of dealers in TAS but 'gold dealers' are able to cover items like this (just out of warranty) as 'goodwill' at their discretion.

i can't see why they wouldnt cover the tps if it's in the warranty period