PDA

View Full Version : I chip the tip of may crank!!!

SIObsesst
12-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Hay all!

Couple of months back i managed to chip the tip of my crank and the crank pulley had a jaggered edge on the inside.I took it to 3 different machanic's to have a look at it and they didn't even know how it happened, they asked me how i maganed to do it and i just shrugged my shoulders.

Till this day i still don't know how i managed this.The D16A8 had it's regular services, it had 236k's on it and it's completely stock. I did drive it hard sometimes taking it up to 7000rpm but that's about it. 0:)

Has anyone else managed this?
Can anyone tell me what caused it?

opps!! can some1 move this msg plz ty
i would move it but i don't know how.

GD3-typeR
13-08-2006, 06:17 AM
my crank and cam pulley is chip too on my ZC import 1989 CRX engine that i revved it up to 7600Rpm before

it's cheaper to get a new engine then to fix it

:(

.............i'm getting a new engine D16A8 fitted this 2nd week of August will be finished

spardikis
13-08-2006, 11:54 AM
pics please!

SIObsesst
14-08-2006, 04:59 PM
haven't got any pics, but yeah i got a second hand D16A8 now and its running well,jus hope the same thing don't happen again though.

sivic
14-08-2006, 11:00 PM
man this shit seems common with D16A8/ZC's. i had it happen to my original engine as well. this is about the 6th case i've heard of this happening with these engines.
yeah it cheaper to get another engine than replace the crank.
as for the cause, the most logical explanation i would think is human error where the wedge that goes into the keyway that holds the pulley to the crankshaft is not secured properly and its movement allows shearing of the crank................... but then for it to apparently be so common with these engines has me baffled as i'm sure the quality of the crank is the same as other D series.

SIObsesst
15-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks sivic now i have a better understanding of it