PDA

View Full Version : Audio System C, D Type

cgspot
13-08-2006, 02:42 PM
:cool: I've noticed that a few of the new audio systems in "other" brands of car have a function that allows the music level to increase in volume as the speed of the car increases.
I haven't been able to find any reference to this in the Accord manual.
Does anyone know if it is actually possible to set the C, D Type audio system to do this or not?
Thanks

euro77
13-08-2006, 09:34 PM
never heard of that, but as far as i know, euro's audio can't do that, unless they update it in 06 model.

and what's C, D Type?

EuroDude
13-08-2006, 09:49 PM
In the manual it shows the different types but there's not much difference, a new button here and there.

I cant recall seeing a speed sensative volume feature in there.

cgspot
14-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi
Thanks for the response
In the Accord manual there are 6 different types of audio systems a-e. C&D are very similar, my '06 Euro has the D type.

never heard of that, but as far as i know, euro's audio can't do that, unless they update it in 06 model.

and what's C, D Type?

BiLL|z0r
14-08-2006, 07:49 AM
The speed control feature is only available in the UK model I think (and maybe JDM). Either way it's not here.

teaseR
14-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Ive heard of it...
Just crank up the volumn
hahaa =)
never heard of what u talking about man

Hoyle
14-08-2006, 12:34 PM
The Renault I just traded in had that feature, and its one thing I do miss in the Euro. Its not until you DON'T have it that you notice its gone. In my Euro, when you stop at the lights the audio is too loud and you have to keep adjusting it manually. What a pain.

So two things that annoy me about the Euro: bloody seat belt beep and no volume-sensitive audio. But there are lots of things I do like...

EuroDude
14-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Remember that the Euro's cabin is very quiet, so there is really no need for an auto volume speed feature :thumbsup:

cgspot
14-08-2006, 05:26 PM
:p With the windows up, the Euro is an amazingly quiet ride.
But when you have the windows down, the wind in your hair, tongue hanging out it really would make a difference having a volume/speed control. At faster speeds (within the speed limit) the ambient noise levels increase, so there is tendancy to turn the volume up, then ... when you stop at the (red) lights the ambient level decreases and you want to turn the volume down.
It's a great ride:wave:

Remember that the Euro's cabin is very quiet, so there is really no need for an auto volume speed feature :thumbsup:

EuroDude
14-08-2006, 06:28 PM
lol true true. well at least the volume buttons are on the steering wheel for quick'n'easy access :D