PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic 06 problem

idunlie
13-08-2006, 04:32 PM
this problem hasn't happened before, it has been about 4 - 5 months since i've had the car. my honda civic vti 06 auto has begun to have problems on the windows. when i press for the window to shut, it automatically opens back up by itself. anyone know what the problem is? perhaps i should call honda to fix it lol.

yeehou
13-08-2006, 05:33 PM
I got this problem as well, it only happens once though.

aaronng
13-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes, get your dealer to fix it. I think the power window switch failed. It's just a swap, so it shouldn't take too long.

nugget666
13-08-2006, 06:09 PM
LOL... sorry

I once had a dream like that once

if put my window up and the rear one would come down
i ended up smashing my car... yes yes weird dream

I would be taking it back to your local dealer.

idunlie
13-08-2006, 08:58 PM
ok thnx guys, ill go call the dealer and tell them i'm taking my car in :D it's good to know im not the only one with the problem.

vinhy
13-08-2006, 09:44 PM
yeh its happening to my sisters car right now on her civic sport. u got to close it bit by bit to get it all the way up

wassup
16-08-2006, 06:45 PM
its actually caused by the window starting to run off the channel.... because of this its not running up smoothly and is encountering some resistance, the system thinks there is something in the way and sets the window back down (protect someones arms/fingers for example). If left like this youll start to notice the window as it gets almost to the top starts to come out of alignment before it shuts square.

I have an o6 Sport which had this and was fixed by the dealer.. it was a 30mins job.

Slider77366
24-04-2007, 03:54 PM
its actually caused by the window starting to run off the channel.... because of this its not running up smoothly and is encountering some resistance, the system thinks there is something in the way and sets the window back down (protect someones arms/fingers for example). If left like this youll start to notice the window as it gets almost to the top starts to come out of alignment before it shuts square.

I have an o6 Sport which had this and was fixed by the dealer.. it was a 30mins job.

Hi what exactly did they fix on your window, i'm having the same problem now with mine

thanks

Rice_4_life
24-04-2007, 04:13 PM
bring to a dealer they can lube the run channels which USUALLY fixes the problem

aaronng
24-04-2007, 05:54 PM
They replace the window guides to a less tight one.

Rice_4_life
24-04-2007, 06:36 PM
if you complain twice :p

panda[cRx]
24-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I think the power window switch failed. It's just a swap, so it shouldn't take too long.

i've never heard of a power window switch failing on any of the current range, only on old shit boxes.

that's pretty much right. all power windows on the current model range have what they call an 'anti-entrapment' feature with the windows. so when closing them if there is a certain level of resistance the windows will open again.

this is a relatively common issue with the civics at the moment. it is more common when using the 'auto' closing of the window

bring to a dealer they can lube the run channels which USUALLY fixes the problem

yeah usually the run channels are lubricated with something like 'rubber care'.

if the problem persists there are further measures that can be taken (ie. replacement of pars) but the main thing is the lubrication.
previously dealers were changing to a revised door glass (which i dont really think was revised at all) but that didn't have the desired results.

so yeah short story is take it to your dealer and they'll fix it free, shouldnt take too long either

ozR18
24-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi i had the same problems as well..whenever i flick up the auto mode..the window goes up and comes back down abit. it happens occasionally especially on cold nites.

Well..after reading this thread..i called the dealer up...was told to come down(said will have someone to look at at it) ..the mechanic sprayed some silicon spray in between the rubbers.took 5 mins alltogether.
Hopefully all goes well from now on.

Slider77366
24-04-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah i have comlained twice and they have put lube on it twice and just after they did it the second time 2 days later it was worse than before it was lubed up. s i think i need them to do something about it rather than jst lube it

ozR18
24-04-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah i have comlained twice and they have put lube on it twice and just after they did it the second time 2 days later it was worse than before it was lubed up. s i think i need them to do something about it rather than jst lube it

crap...man seriously im kinda annoyed with the civic's quality...:thumbdwn:

Slider77366
24-04-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah, for that specific thing i agree but with the overall car i love it and wouldn't change a thing, i looked at everything in the price range and couldn't get passed the civic :)

chickenisme
24-04-2007, 11:35 PM
ozR18, maybe you should insist the dealer replaces the track 'like other owners have had done' on this forum.

xenfacta
25-04-2007, 08:51 PM
i had no troubles they said it was a known issue n they fixed it

blk05gli
26-04-2007, 10:21 PM
i had the same problem with my 05 civic, its the window guide needing some lubrication - it fixes it for a while. its the build quality issue from making cars in thailand instead of japan.