PDA

View Full Version : First car and first honda

Alexx
13-08-2006, 09:49 PM

gReY-oNe
13-08-2006, 09:55 PM
welcome to the forums alex and i hope u enjoy ur stay and get alot of info from here :D

just remeber to search

DreadAngel
13-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Welcome to Ozhonda Alexx, heaps of info and stuff here for ya, plenty of EG fanboys here too :p

Enjoy man :thumbsup:

Like Grey said, Search, cause Search is your best friend

JDMiss
13-08-2006, 10:04 PM
welcome :)

enjoy your stay

dc2dc2dc2
13-08-2006, 10:18 PM
rice ftw ~ welcome.

4thGenExi
13-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Very clean EG :)

Awesome first car too, feel the hawndar love

Alexx
13-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone, and dont worry i have been using search!

jdmlvn
15-08-2006, 09:16 PM
your cars pimp'n yo.

welcome dudette

kraiye
16-08-2006, 11:10 AM
welcome mate, nice ride =) sure its gonna be hawt by the time u done with it
c wat u mean bout the front bar... is pretty chunky ;)

enjoy

Honda Enthusiast
16-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi there mate, I like the way you modded your car with bodykits...very nice.
It looks relentlessly aggresive - I like the look!

nuborn
16-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Alexx,

u have two things i want, koni shocks and king springs. my dad had koni adjustables on his rex and they were brilliant. can u tell me wat type of kings u have on, price if u kno it and most importantly, wat the ride and handling's like? i need new shockers desperately for my prelude vtir, springs can wait, but b good to kno wat theyre like wen it comes to choosing some. does the car understeer less at all, wats it like thru twisty corners etc. ect?

cheers and welcome matey,

James

nuborn
18-08-2006, 09:46 AM
can you tell me what kind of koni's you have? are they the adjustable ones with which u get a little white dial to stiffen and loosen them?

haven't approached understeer hey? sounds like u need to drive harder, joke! when the nose of your car is nearing a rock wall and sliding on black ice and ur in second gear with plenty of momentum and revs built up it aint a joke (happend to me once). hint: turning a car sideways looses momentum real quick.

i got some twisty roads on my way home too, which r fun apart from when they are icy, actually the corner i came off a few cars have rolled on, so i was probably lucky. watching a rock about half the size of a soccer ball go under your car at the same time makes you seriously worry about ur diff too, luckily mine isnt lowered, for this reason aswell as possums and speedhumps (live in a contry area). stupid of me to ask about understeer really, i suppose stiffer sway bars and bushes would decrease that more than shockers. an anti-life kit mite do it some benefit too, wat do u rekon?

all i kno is the honda shocks on my prelude are shot and seriously need replacing, i'll let you kno wen i get em and how they perform, cheers for the info,

James

Alexx
18-08-2006, 10:15 AM
yup they are the ones with the little white dial. I havent fiddled with it yet, ive just left it be for the time being. As to driving harder - well im in the first two weeks of ownership and am still testing the abilities of the car. I dont really want to find out the hard way.....small steps says I

nuborn
18-08-2006, 12:55 PM
sweeeet, u got some nice shocks on then, i wouldnt botha changin em, i kno u can get some pretty top notch HKS ones for around $2300, but u'd only need stuff like that of u raced ur car (and that's a hell a lot of money just for shocks!). as for driving hard, i suggest a defensive drivers course, i did one late last yr, without it i would not have been able to get out of the nasty black ice situation i got into and my pride and joy would have been written off.

bADbOYz
18-08-2006, 12:57 PM
God I love how well the EG's polish up with a kit etc. Gawdam...

Nice looking ride, be a nice little cruiser ;)

cool_filo
22-08-2006, 09:42 PM
welcome to OH alexx, :D i like ur car