PDA

View Full Version : Eg engine question

RIVAL
14-08-2006, 01:08 AM
This has maybe been covered b4, but i cant find it in search.
well im going to buy an civic EG with a carby engine and was just wondering if it costs more money to convert it to b16a or b18c (because it carby) and if anyone knows how much extra

is it totally a waste of time or just pay more money to get an EFI engine

thnx for any help

martin
14-08-2006, 10:14 AM
just save up and buy a civic si because it is efi ready and also has 4 wheel disc brakes. it saves u the time of looking for efi fuel tanks, lines etc.

tRipitaka
14-08-2006, 10:20 AM
yes, it will cost more to convert to EFI, as it's extra parts and labour for the conversion.

and the price depends on how cheap you get your EFI parts for, and who's doing the work..

conversions always have a chance of fooking up.. depends who does it, and how well they do it..
so it's ALWAYS better to get something that was made from the honda factory.

you also have to remember that carby models have rear drum brakes, which should be upgraded to disc brakes if you're doing a b-series conversion.

so my vote goes to saving up for more, and buy a vti/si.. because there's a lot more money/risks involved when converting fuel lines and brake setups when they can be purchased without the mess of conversions (i.e. si and vti).

honda_ek4
14-08-2006, 10:49 AM
just save up and buy a civic si because it is efi ready and also has 4 wheel disc brakes. it saves u the time of looking for efi fuel tanks, lines etc.
u will also get many more power options:)
power windows,sunroof etc

[[d a n n y]]
14-08-2006, 11:25 AM
well to Convert a EG carby into a EFi car.
ie putting a D16a B18c/B16a etc etc
you need fuel lines.. etc
if u can get a really really cheap EG carb yfor 2-3K then it'll be worth the money..
do the calculation on the parts for cost.
add it up and compare it to a already EFi EG such as the Gli/Si/Vti
if u want more info on the convesion and parts needed
check out the first sticky in the civic thread

RIVAL
14-08-2006, 03:15 PM
cool thnx for the help,
anyone wouldnt happen to know anybody selling a gli/si/vti for like max of $6500