PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Issues, Help Please!

tseesinngwailo
14-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Hey All,

Just to continue my great run of luck with my car lately,

The tail-lights and dash lights have a short in the loom somewhere I think, the fuse has blown and I have gone throught the wires at each end of teh car and cant see any damage, and testing with a multimeter shows all + wires are earthed.

Anyone have a similar issue before?

I am looking at pulling everything apart to go through each wire but hopefully there is something common that it could be, I have removed all the globes except the dash,

I have the Haynes manual but if anyone has a good guide to where the looms run in the car would be helpful, I just need to try and work out the most likely place it would have sorted.

Cheers

Chris

CRXer
14-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Did it just happen out of the blue?
Or after uve done some work to the car?

U did the right thing by pulling all the globes out & testing,but have u got all of them ,like licence plate lights,& do pull the dash out,but particularly look where there are any mods,like head unit,alarms,seat rails,etc.

But before u do anything pull out the dimmer,disconnect it & see if the fault persists.Make sure the fuse is out as well for these lights when testing & let us know the results.

CRXer
14-08-2006, 09:19 AM
My crx has the front marker lights on this circuit as well,yours could be the same.

tseesinngwailo
14-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah thanks for that, havent pulled the dash yet, dont have the dimmer in there at the moment, I converted from B18A to B16A with full looms from a JDM DA6, I had to swap a few wires and such to the fusebox, and the lights have never had an issue for over 9 months now, yes, the dash, front parkers, rear tail lights and the little light above the stereo are all on the one circuit, its a nightmare.. and yeah all tested with no fuse (it keeps blowing anyway) I am hoping something has just come loose.

Will have to try and locate each loom to make sure, cause it would have to be maybe 7 separate wires to each light etc

CRXer
14-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds hectic.

Start at the fuse box area & pull all the plugs apart that have a red/black wire in them & isolate the fault there,before u pull the interior apart.

Another thing to watch out for,which is highly unlikely is the integrated control unit,clipped into the back of the fuse box.It uses that circuit to supply the lights left on reminder buzzer,when you open the drivers door.Pull it out of the fuse box if you cant isolate the fault onto one of the other loom legs.

tseesinngwailo
14-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks, was looking at that last night, the fuse box has lots of internal connections and i noted about 4 from the downside of the fuse, and one goes to that box, I have had an issue since i did the conversion where the int light wont go off if in the door position, so i figure there is a back feed somewhere, the thing that gets me is I was an electrician for 15 years before getting into IT, I hate car wiring, they do really weird things with it, but at least its better than crawling round in roofs or under houses, or copping 11,000V haha Cheers

bungsai
14-08-2006, 01:52 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14027

tseesinngwailo
14-08-2006, 02:38 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14027
Hey, I think I will look at that as when I did my conversion, I didnt take the dimmer control off my old dash, and there is a hole waiting for it in the car now, maybe this will be the issue and the wires and plug floating around are touching something? I hope so :)

I will update when i find it, I am hoping I dont have to pull the looms apart...