PDA

View Full Version : Tuning a stock R

ArSe
16-05-2004, 11:20 PM
hi guys,
just a little question, is there any benifits in tuing a stock dc2R. what is done when tuning and where is a good place to go?

thanks

McChook
16-05-2004, 11:43 PM
hi guys,
just a little question, is there any benifits in tuing a stock dc2R. what is done when tuning and where is a good place to go?

thanks

See Dyno Dave at Redline Motorsports in Mount Druitt

The benefits are good - more power and better fuel economy.

Rexxy
17-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Do you have details on Them, i.e. website, contact number ??

Rexxy

ArSe
17-05-2004, 04:10 PM
no i dont.... whats his details?
does a good job? my cars done over 100K Kms and i think it should have a good tune...

thanks

Rexxy
17-05-2004, 04:13 PM
sorry ArSe, my question was to McChook to get the details on Redline Motorsports, as I am like you in that I am curious if they can do a better tune than say Honda can in regards to a stock R.

ginganggooly
17-05-2004, 04:52 PM
I am curious if they can do a better tune than say Honda can in regards to a stock R.
my bloody oath he can :)
throw him a PM he's "dynodave" on the forums...

DynoDave
17-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Yes that is me and I can be contacted via PM or ring the workshop on
9832 1650 and talk to Steve to make a booking or e-mail dave@redlinemotorsport.com.au
And yes tuning a programmable ECU in a stock car and making it better than factory is my favorite pass time. :P
Regards Dyno Dave

Rexxy
18-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Sounds promising, but Dyno Dave, what about tuning of a truly stock dc2r with oem ecu, only mods i have cant be tuned hehehe, cerametallic clutch and 3.1kg ultra lite flywheel......

I just had my 80k service done yesterday.......

(off topic) they replaced my rear brakepads yesterday and on the way home and this morning i noticed when i take off slowly from a standstill, lifting my foot off brake slowly, the back brakes are making a whining (humming) noise, is that ok ?? will it go away or have they stuffed up ??