PDA

View Full Version : Three questions - fuel for 2006 Civic Sport and K&F Filter and MP3

chrissara
14-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Just wanted to ask these:

1. Fuel for 2006 Civic Sport. SHould I use standard 91RON for which the car is presumably designed for or go up to 95RON? Is the difference is cost of 4-5c worth the difference - nb looking for fuel economy - single driver - drive liek a granny i.e. no fast acceleration.

2. K&F Filter for 2006 Sport - is it out yet? Worthwhile getting?

3. MP3 player in the car. What is the best way of burning discs e.g. I understand you should limit your titles to 16 characters. Any tips for burning?

EK9_boi
15-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to ask these:

1. Fuel for 2006 Civic Sport. SHould I use standard 91RON for which the car is presumably designed for or go up to 95RON? Is the difference is cost of 4-5c worth the difference - nb looking for fuel economy - single driver - drive liek a granny i.e. no fast acceleration.

you'll find it hard to notice the difference between 91 and 95RON - if you go 95 why not 98RON most 98RON have other stuff in them to help clean out the engine...and it's better on the engine.

2. K&F Filter for 2006 Sport - is it out yet? Worthwhile getting?

Here are some specs and product code for those who want to order it ;)

33-2343 Product Specifications
Product Style: Panel Air Filter
Height: 0.875 in (22 mm)
Outside Length: 11 in (279 mm)
Outside Width: 6.25 in (159 mm)
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 0.86 oz (25 ml)

Good for highend power - but best thing to do is remove the stock intake resonator (stuff the greenies! :p) behind the engine 1st in conjunction with K&N is thought to make a marked difference in topend power.

check out: http://civicfdclub.free-forums.org/civicfdclub-about455.html
Singapore FD Civic CLub - you'll need to reg. to get in but it's worth the read.

cheers