PDA

View Full Version : Light !!!!

kelviN
14-08-2006, 09:48 PM
hi guys, i just put in some MTEC H4's in my honda civic and now the light is worse than it was originally !!. They are the mtec 4350k colourful white, and what i have to say is that their intensity when looking from the front of the car is POOR. However, when i come down a drive way or a speed hump, the light shines down onto the road and is quite strong, so the bulb cant be that bad can it?

From the manual, it states that the car uses HB4 bulbs. But the bulb that was already installed was a H4. just so you's know....HB4 and H4 have totally different bases.

Its a 2000 civic.

Any ideas?

bevis90
14-08-2006, 09:50 PM
did u twist it in right.. make sure its not moving around

saxman
14-08-2006, 09:54 PM
a 4300k halogen bulb is going to have a blue tinted filter on the bulb(look at the bulb, is it colored blue?).

The white color is achieved by filtering out part of the light spectrum, so you end up with less light being emitted from the headlight than what you had before.

mrwillz
14-08-2006, 10:19 PM
i haf the mtecs 4750k i fink its labelled
but no where near
lol
its ok for daily driving
does its job jus barely
i fink it jus looks better but performance not as well

SiReal
14-08-2006, 10:41 PM
White lights are generally crap for driving unless u have blinding HIDs. That is why I reverted back to stock. Car companies use yellow stock lights for a reason.

Maybe you should invest in some Philips +50 % brighter range. they cost more, but at least they are a reputable brand which have to comply with australian standards before they are sold, unlike alot of the cheap imports we get nowadays.

ap
15-08-2006, 01:17 AM
for your civic its a h4 bulb so thats right...

hb4 is for integras im sure

saxman
15-08-2006, 07:57 AM
White lights are generally crap for driving unless u have blinding HIDs.
there's no reason hid's should be blinding...

blinding hids is a result of dropping hids into a stock halogen headlight, which they are not designed for. Do an hid retro correctly, and you'll have no issues with blinding hids and you'll actually get some useful light output out of them

simbadda54
15-08-2006, 10:58 AM
White lights are generally crap for driving unless u have blinding HIDs. That is why I reverted back to stock. Car companies use yellow stock lights for a reason.

Maybe you should invest in some Philips +50 % brighter range. they cost more, but at least they are a reputable brand which have to comply with australian standards before they are sold, unlike alot of the cheap imports we get nowadays.

Crystal and diamond vision bulbs are not ADR approved :P But if ur looking for something that looks ok and has good light output, try the crystal vision. They r 4300k i think.