PDA

View Full Version : Water in boot well

Stoosh
15-08-2006, 06:11 PM
hey,

i was taking apart my car to put in a second amp, and i noticed my boot well (where the spare tyres sits) is sitting in about 3 cm of water, but my actually boot is not wet, which rules out leaking from the hatch, i also notices under my rear seats is wet

is there some sort of rubber grommet near the suspension well that couldve fallen off along water to come in while raining?

Slow96GSR
15-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I would pull the rear seat out as there are many places for water to enter. The gas tank is under there and shouldn't leak there but there are a few places like the seat belts and seat holder down bolt that can let water in. There is also a vent to the out side in the rear left of the boot as well as a few places under the panels. The suspension can do this if the seal on the center portion went bad.Also could be the antenna.

stanleym
15-08-2006, 06:34 PM
1 more thing is ur antenna broken??
as in water possible goin in that hole
tough shot but ova time water can fill up

i had water speedage big time in my da9 when was crashed into but there was a hold it seemed in the bottom of boot well that cold be drilled out to allow water to escape - at one stage i could have made it into a swimming pool

steebs
16-08-2006, 07:52 PM
i had water in my wheel well as well, buh i also had some in the boot, it turned out to be my rear left taillight, hose ur car down, get inside the boot n check it out, or what slow96gsr said, or maybe might be sunroof drain pipe.

check this out http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=546
and
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1021

good luck dude

quangsta
16-08-2006, 08:28 PM
could also be the rubber seal along the hatch sometimes it gets moved out of place and water run along that in or under the plastic covers and then into your spare tyre area...

VTECACCORD
17-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Have you had any recent accident damage ?

If you have been hit on the quarter panels you have popped the seals, its a expensive fix