PDA

View Full Version : Installing Angel Eyes onto 00 EK civic sedan

bboy eclipse
15-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey guys

I'm not sure if this instruction is the same as all civic's but it worked on my 00 honda civic sedan EK model. This is basically an instruction on how to fit angel eyes onto your civic

1. First off make sure the angel eyes you buy is for your yr model civic. In my case i bought a 99/00 angel eyes for my civic. Make sure they good quality because it means less work. Also check they are from an australian site otherwise you may be defected with the throw off being to the right (we drive on the left here unlike the americans :D ) Also it's best to buy a direct fit one so that there no messy soldering :D

2.Taking out the existing headlights
What you first have to do is take out the exisiting headlights ofcourse. To do this you will have to take out 4 bolts. 2 on top (which you can see when you lift up the bonnet) and then 2 which are hidden (You will have to remove the front bar for this) So first off take off the two bolts on top. Then we move on to removing the front bar

3. Removing the front bar. If you notice when you lift up the bonnet. You should see these circular black clips. You need to remove these. To do that all you need to do is grab a flat head and pop the middle up. Should'nt require any force. After you remove all these clips, check underneath your wheel guard. Here you should find a screw thats connectin the front bar to the side fender. unscrew that. After you undid everything do a small inspection of your front bar, just incase you havnt missed any important screws. After you doen this the front bar should be able to be moved. If it requires a lot of force, it means you have missed a clip or screw. After you get the front bar loose you can either a) move it so you can see the bolts (thats what i did, easier) b) or you can remove the whole bar.

4. Take out the two remander bolts. Ok from here you should be able to see the other two bolts. Take these out. After that your headlight should be loose. Be careful as your headlight may drop. but their stock ones so it shouldn't really matter :D. Make sure you unplug everything, there should be two plugs, a big fat one (your head light and high beam) and a small clip (your parker) Now your angel headlight may need to use the old indictor. All you have to do is pull out the stock headlight out and find the indicator. From here you just need to twist the indicator, it should come loose and you should be able to pull straight out. (Its the whole indicator blub and clip) Your stock headlight should now be able to be remove. If it can go to step 6, if it cant read onto step 5

5. Ok if your reading this it means you couldn't get it out. It may be because of a metal bar underneath the headlight. if you look underneath the headlight there should be a piece of metal with two bolts holding it in. remove these bolts and the metal piece should be able to come off. Now pull out your stock headlight.

6. Installing the angel eyes
Ok now you should be able to put in the new angel headlight. First step is to prepare the halo's. You should have two sets of positive wire and two sets of negative wires from the halo's. Now if your parker uses a plug style, you can find a crimpe that can be plug straight into the parker plug. This gets rid of any messy soldering. these crimps should be available at any auto shop eg like Supercheap Auto. I bought the ones with the heat shrink wrap. Ok here all you have to do is twist the two positive wires together and attach the crimpe onto it. Heat the heat shrink wrap with a hair dryer or heat gun to melt it. Make sure you dont heat it too close or keep it in one spot other wise you may melt your wires and screw up your headlights!!!. After you attach the crimpe onto the two positive wires, do the same with the negative wires. It should be able to plug straight in.

Ok now comes the installing part. This is pretty straight foward. If its a good set of angel eyes it should fit direct where the old ones were. First put the indicator plug and blub into your angel headlight, make sure its lock in place. Next plug in your (headlight and highbeam) plug. Ok now we plug in the halo's to the parker clip. Look at the parker clip. It should have two slots for the crimpes to go in. Too make sure you know which slot is positive and which slot is negative, use a test light to find out. I found that on my civic negative/ground is the slot closest to the clip thing. I suggest you find out yourself though. After you find out positive and negative wires, plug in the halo's.Make sure you plug them in right cause they may blow, who knows?.

Ok after everything is plugged push the headlight into place and put the bolts back on. Make sure to put on the metal piece as well. After you bolted it in. it should be done. Just repeat these steps on the other headlight.

Once you've installed both of your angel headlights, put the front bar back on using reverse order (logical ofcourse lol) and wolah! Your civic should be rocking with angel eyes. Here is a pic of my projectors :D

Note: Try at your own risk. This is only a guide. This is what i did on my Honda Civic sedan EK 2000 model. I also typed this guide up during business studies class so sorry if some of it doesnt make sense, if it doesnt just post what u didnt understand. I hope this helps!

nugget666
15-08-2006, 08:11 PM
did you put anything in to stop your lights from serging and yours eyes going dead?

I would be doing that asap

bboy eclipse
17-08-2006, 03:24 PM
did you put anything in to stop your lights from serging and yours eyes going dead?

I would be doing that asap

Nope. I just used existing wiring. You may install one just incase but my mechanic said all i needed was to use existing wiring.

saxman
18-08-2006, 07:46 PM
if running led angel eyes(as most of them do), it really would be wise to wire in a voltage regulator before the angel eyes. Those lights use EXTREMELEY low quality led components, that are already stressed due to the heat of the head light assembly, and feeding them unregulated voltage is only going to make things worse.

bboy eclipse
19-08-2006, 01:00 AM
if running led angel eyes(as most of them do), it really would be wise to wire in a voltage regulator before the angel eyes. Those lights use EXTREMELEY low quality led components, that are already stressed due to the heat of the head light assembly, and feeding them unregulated voltage is only going to make things worse.

Ok yeah i was thinking about installing one, would you know if i place a fuse in between, would that work?. thanks mate

saxman
19-08-2006, 07:11 AM
a fuse, while a good idea to have in the system, will serve absolutely no voltage regulating purposes. You would still need to set up a voltage regulator.

bboy eclipse
19-08-2006, 11:52 AM
a fuse, while a good idea to have in the system, will serve absolutely no voltage regulating purposes. You would still need to set up a voltage regulator.

ok thanks. yeah i might go ask my mechanic more about it, unlkess u are able to tell me more?

saxman
19-08-2006, 07:45 PM
it's not necessarily something a mechanic would know somethign about... you'd have more luck talking to an electrical engineer.

Basically, the output voltage of the car is not a set 12 volts... it varies, between about 11 and 15 volts. This does wonders for damaging LEDs.

A voltage regulator is going to be something that basically has a voltage input, ground, and a regulated 12v output. It provides an even, steady voltage, that won't cause damage to leds.

DomenEK
21-08-2006, 10:41 AM
bboy eclipse:

How do you find the brightness of these lights? How do they compare to the stock headlights? What about the high beam - I've heard the high beam on the angel eyes is not the great.

bboy eclipse
21-08-2006, 06:21 PM
bboy eclipse:

How do you find the brightness of these lights? How do they compare to the stock headlights? What about the high beam - I've heard the high beam on the angel eyes is not the great.

Yeah the projector one i bought are really good, they are brighter then my stock ones. My highbeam are really bright as well. I guess it is depending on where you buy your angel headlights. I think my one came with H3 bulbs? You can always change ur bulb if your not happy with the ones that come with yours. But yeah if you buy it from the right place, it should be brighter then your stock ones :thumbsup:

saxman
21-08-2006, 07:49 PM
H3 bulbs actually put out less light than a normal H4 bulb, and the way an h3 bulb is designed, with the filament running perpendicular to the length of the bulb, instead of parallel, it's actually far less efficient at focusing the light.

If you want projectors that really help output light, look for something that uses an H7, H9, H1, or H11, or do the really good thing, and replace the projector in the light with a projector designed for a D2S hid bulb.

bboy eclipse
22-08-2006, 11:22 AM
H3 bulbs actually put out less light than a normal H4 bulb, and the way an h3 bulb is designed, with the filament running perpendicular to the length of the bulb, instead of parallel, it's actually far less efficient at focusing the light.

If you want projectors that really help output light, look for something that uses an H7, H9, H1, or H11, or do the really good thing, and replace the projector in the light with a projector designed for a D2S hid bulb.

o ok. Well like i said my one might have H3 i have no clue? thats what my friend said but anyways bottom line my headlights are brighter then my stock ones :D

saxman
22-08-2006, 03:27 PM
a majority of the aftermarket projectors run H3 bulbs... It's a cheap way for them to go, not a good way

bboy eclipse
26-08-2006, 10:34 PM
yeah im planning to change them soon. Hopefully to H1 or something. What is recommended?

saxman
26-08-2006, 10:45 PM
What do you mean change them?

bboy eclipse
28-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Change the bulbs.

saxman
28-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Change the bulbs.
you can't just go putting H1 bulbs into an H3 projector, or anything like that.

You have to have a projector designed to be used with whatever bulb you're putting into it.

drated
23-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey mine comes with 2 wires are u mentioned in the thread for pos and neg for the halo's which is which on the cars standard wiring ?

drated
07-04-2010, 12:55 PM
i figured it out, it was the red for +ve and black for -ve ... but it was a pain to adjust the beam

khoa456
21-09-2010, 02:48 PM
just wondering when you turn you high beams on does the low beam turn off?