PDA

View Full Version : EK center console

Surrufus
16-08-2006, 11:20 AM
i need some help
i am trying to remove the center console in my dash to get at my cd deck
the only problem is i cant get the dam thing off
i have a pdf of a factory manual but i still cant do it
the part of the process giving me grief is where the manual says you need to remove the hazard and windscreen demister buttons... which i cant figure out how to do
could anyone who knows how to get these buttons out please help

zco
16-08-2006, 03:51 PM
get some aftermarket headunit forks, and shove it in. remove your stock headunit. if you dont have any, use a screw driver. it works for me.. !

djono
16-08-2006, 04:10 PM
i need some help
the part of the process giving me grief is where the manual says you need to remove the hazard and windscreen demister buttons... which i cant figure out how to do

the easiest way i did it was by dettaching the coin pocket(it has got 4 screws on it) and push the deck from behind. to deal with the bracket that holds the headunit, use screwdriver that would do.

fatboyz39
16-08-2006, 04:30 PM
the part of the process giving me grief is where the manual says you need to remove the hazard and windscreen demister buttons...

Use a little flat head screw driver. Put some masking tape on the end so you don't ruin you interior which straches and etc.

mugeneration
16-08-2006, 05:28 PM
the easiest way i did it was by dettaching the coin pocket(it has got 4 screws on it) and push the deck from behind. to deal with the bracket that holds the headunit, use screwdriver that would do.

By far the easiest and most common-sense solution possible. Do this if you can, though there may be some way of sliding your deck out without unscrewing it, mine just slides out if you press on two clips either side of it.

Zdster
16-08-2006, 06:00 PM
i need some help

There should be no need to remove these two buttons to get to the headunit.

Surrufus
16-08-2006, 07:43 PM
cheers guys... found some headunit removal things in the box it came in... figured it'd be easier than removing the whole console
ooh and the cd player dims now :D yay

nugget666
16-08-2006, 07:56 PM
http://installdr.com/

then find your model civic.

Are you trtying to remove the factory head deck? because its bolted on if you are so headunit removel toosl wont work.

anexiole
19-08-2006, 11:40 AM
hello there,
Good morning. I am going to help my friend replace the aftermarket head unit from his CIVIC VTIR 1998 soon. AM going to have to replace it with the stock honda head unit because he is sellign the car.

Sorry to trouble you but i looked at the "install doctor" document and it seems you need to open up so many panels.

hmmm...
When you did your install, all you did was just remove the coins pocket and the access the head unit?

I am also wondering if in terms of wiring, was it as simple as unpluggging and plugging the wiring harness plugs of the head units??

sorry
Thanks,man

By far the easiest and most common-sense solution possible. Do this if you can, though there may be some way of sliding your deck out without unscrewing it, mine just slides out if you press on two clips either side of it.

nugget666
19-08-2006, 11:47 AM
install docotor is by far the easyest way. as the stock headunit is fastend by a not you can only get to by removing thoses panels. I only take 10 minutes to get thoses panels off.