PDA

View Full Version : Best petrol types for Accords.

Honda Enthusiast
16-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi Yo.,

Was just wondering...

What would you think the best fuel for Accords (or any Honda for that matter) be? I have tried 4 types of petroluem and found the following pratical differences...

Normal Unleaded (anywhere)

Premium Unleaded (Safeway Plus)

Ultimate Otimax (Shell)

Vortex 95 (Caltex)

Vortex 98 (Caltex)

I drive a 3.0 VTEC V6 Accord luxury....

On normal Unleaded the car runs fine - very normal cruising...
Premium Unleaded increased performances a slightly (espectially whengoing hill) and when parked at the looks less smokes come s out.
Otimazx - very similiara to Ultiate

So then I waited a bit more performance and I opted for Vortex 95 - gotta say, makes the car run smoohter...generates power more...a good fuel...however, with the latest released of Vortex 98 - I gave it a go and fel in love with it there and then...makes the car idle better, runs more smoother and it feels as if you now have more power...I put my car in third car on Princess Highway the other night and revved it hard...wow, excellerated slightly quicker and the boost was very smooth...

Was wondering if anyone here has similiar experiences, thoughts or information they wish to share on the matter of fuel for Accords?

Cheers,

Skywalker

h22a accord
16-08-2006, 01:06 PM
for a start your car is naturally aspirated so it doesnt "boost" and secondly, do a search as this topic has been covered a trillion times before.

Butso
16-08-2006, 08:25 PM
LOL power boost in fuel maybe, i've never run anything with 95 rating, and i don't intend to.

I use Vortex 98 alot, but on the odd occasion i will go with BP Ultimate, if your really anal about power stick some octane booster in for fun.

aDe
17-08-2006, 08:23 PM
check your manual books what it says, Mine 2.4 and proudly using regular unleaded :D

Honda Enthusiast
19-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Vortex 98 is good....really good, you can actually feel the extra octane power! anyone else feel this is correct?

Alpine
20-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Never tried vortex 98, only ultimate and optimax. You reckon vortex 98 is better than these two?

Honda Enthusiast
20-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Never tried vortex 98, only ultimate and optimax. You reckon vortex 98 is better than these two?

Yeah, I do bro...give it a go... you get a slight boost in power and also it just makes the car feel more powerful slightly....try going up hills....much better I think!

civicVI
20-08-2006, 08:53 PM
what about Mobil 8000? IMO i feel more power then Shell Otimax!

Honda Enthusiast
21-08-2006, 10:55 AM
what about Mobil 8000? IMO i feel more power then Shell Otimax!
'

To be honest mate, never tried Mobil 8000, but with Vortex 98...damn, fairly expensive shyte...but the thing goes... I've noticed my engine running less noisy now and really gives the car a bit of more power! So yeah...worth a go guys! Perhaps someone else with a similiar way of thinking might want to share their experiences!

Sky

Delta_One
28-08-2006, 01:12 PM
II drive a 93 Accord and use BP Ultimate, Seems to go good, but considering trying shell..people say it's good then there is Mobile 8000 to consider, Im really unsure, been using Ultimate for months so yeah...

Hans Bond
23-10-2006, 10:18 AM
It's clear that BP ultimate is better than optimax.. but which one is better.. Vortex 98 or Synergy 8000 or BP Ultimate? I never tried vortex or synergy before, but from my experience BP is very clean. Any comment?

mj3610
23-10-2006, 12:15 PM
in australia this is how it goes, no fuel here is reliable, so if ur engine is to be run on 91 then run it on 95, if its gotta run on 95 then run 98, the octane ratings here are bullshit, i used to get so much engine pinging with my civic when i used 91 even tho it was made to run on 91.
thats why we dont get any good cars in australia, cause of the disgusting fuel...
and each petrl station is diff, u'll get better fuels from some and u'll get shit fuel from others (even big names like bp) and all diff prices, its up to you to observe and see what your car runs good on...

aaronng
23-10-2006, 02:29 PM
It's clear that BP ultimate is better than optimax.. but which one is better.. Vortex 98 or Synergy 8000 or BP Ultimate? I never tried vortex or synergy before, but from my experience BP is very clean. Any comment?
You can try it out.

In my opinion, BP Ultimate and Synergy 8000 are very similar. Both are smooth and normal. Vortex 98 is smooth as well andI use it because of 4 cents off.