PDA

View Full Version : Picking up new civic Tomorrow need some advice

aleung49
16-08-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll be picking up my new Manual Civic...can't wait
need some advise on what to look out for?
Also I heard people can get Honda Caps , T-shirt or Umbrella?? is this true anyone got it from the dealer?

I found a new car checklist from a Malayasia 06 civic forum
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2243&stc=1&d=1155702048

destrukshn
16-08-2006, 02:25 PM
you buy the shirts and stuff

Bob san
16-08-2006, 02:56 PM
The shirts and caps are sold seperate, unless u negotiated with them when u bought ur civic:p

EuroDude
16-08-2006, 03:06 PM
lol I cant begin to imagine how much those items cost.

what $50 for the cap, $100 for the shirt? :eek:

aleung49
16-08-2006, 03:46 PM
not much point if you have to buy them....

Paul1985
16-08-2006, 04:28 PM
that list is what the mechanics at the dealership do when they get cars in, so it should have already been covered..

Its called a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) or something similar. They should do these anyway, not all mechanics do it properly either.. A new car tends to be in good working order and some things get skipped if you know what i mean..

Anyway, some of those things are good to look into if you are insecure with the car.

mugeneration
16-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah should be checked when its brought in. But just to be safe go to the nearest servo and check oil levels and tyre pressure. Check all lights and make sure they havnt marked your interior or paint before you get it (we bought a new car and someone had put an oil stain on the carpet :thumbdwn:) Make sure theyve remembered to give you your log book etc.

Zdster
16-08-2006, 06:03 PM
lol I cant begin to imagine how much those items cost.

what $50 for the cap, $100 for the shirt? :eek:

Hats were only around $20-25 from the dealership. They are not that bad.

EuroDude
16-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Its called a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) or something similar.

Yep I found mine in my glovebox when I got my Euro, all the boxes were ticked etc.. maybe the dealer accidentally left it in there? who knows..

aaronng
16-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Remember to check for damage as well. Stuff like bubbles or scratches in the paint, scratched instrument cluster (my accord had it) and scratched trim (mine was scratched just next to the handbrake). It's the little things that you don't usually notice. Major critical items are usually found by the dealer's PDI before they deliver the car.

Diesmile
16-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Yep I found mine in my glovebox when I got my Euro, all the boxes were ticked etc.. maybe the dealer accidentally left it in there? who knows..

they put mine in there as well, so must be a standard thing.

muhhan
16-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a point to add about taking delivery of the car. Often the sales person who sold you the car may take you through the inspection as well to give you a chance to check things over before you sign the form saying you've taken delivery.

As for the Honda paraphenalia, I really wanted a Honda jacket for my birthday as I saw them being displayed in the dealership whenever I go in to get spare parts, but they told my Mrs (see it was going to be a suprise) that they didn't have them anymore and I'd have to wait for the next seasons gear to come out. I don't think the jacket was re-released though :(

aleung49
16-08-2006, 09:35 PM
This is actual my second time I pickup a new Civic....gee...last time was in 93..Just can't get away with civic curses..haha...
Thanks guy for the tips.... just saw many post with the quailty problem on the new civic....