PDA

View Full Version : (em1) xhaust question

turbo convert
16-08-2006, 05:32 PM
hi,
i am thinking bout get an xhaust for my em1,
i dont ppartically want to spend to much money so will prob wont be going big brand name stuff.
i want to do full xhaust headers all the way out BUT i still wanna keep it quiet i dont want a draining xhaust system is this possible to do the full exhasut and still keeping in relativly quiet (no cannon here)
does anyone have a setup which will work
although one must is to get ride of the massive muffler which sits before the tip

mugeneration
16-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Xforce headers and Xforce twin loop muffler, combined with a high flow cat and some two inch pipe should get you going pretty well :cool:

turbo convert
16-08-2006, 05:41 PM
yeh i heard one civ with the twin loop xhaust and it was too loud sitting on the freeway at 4000rpm would drug me out

Xforce headers and Xforce twin loop muffler, combined with a high flow cat and some two inch pipe should get you going pretty well :cool:

tRipitaka
16-08-2006, 05:43 PM
yep..
as mugeneration has stated.. xforce/mugen twinloop is the way to go for performance without the noise.. although it'll probably be louder than your stock system.. but nothing like a cannon..

what you could also do, is get an OEM integra type R muffler.. (2.25inch inlet)
and get the rest custom made for it..

edit:
if the twinloop is too loud for you.. just add more resonators..

turbo convert
16-08-2006, 05:49 PM
yeh good idea maybe i will just try score a typre r muffler and then get the rest custom to fit up to headers
anyone know how much mugen twin loop is? also where i can get one?
thanks guys
i dunno still undecided

yep..
as mugeneration has stated.. xforce/mugen twinloop is the way to go for performance without the noise.. although it'll probably be louder than your stock system.. but nothing like a cannon..

what you could also do, is get an OEM integra type R muffler.. (2.25inch inlet)
and get the rest custom made for it..

edit:
if the twinloop is too loud for you.. just add more resonators..

tRipitaka
16-08-2006, 05:51 PM
mugen twinloop is pretty rare.. but it'll cost you quite a bit.. (~600 second hand just for the axleback)
that's why people opt for the xforce twinloop..

turbo convert
16-08-2006, 05:56 PM
mmmhh acttaully after what u said about the mugen twin loop done some searching and it appears pretty good actually pppls saying good flowing and quiet (thats what i am after:wave: )
what about the xforce one then whats that like? as for price/ noise wise someone saying its actually quiet raspy......mmmmhhh raspy dunno exactly what theat is but cant b good

mugen twinloop is pretty rare.. but it'll cost you quite a bit.. (~600 second hand just for the axleback)
that's why people opt for the xforce twinloop..

turbo convert
16-08-2006, 06:19 PM
do they make a full system to suit EM1???
i seen mugen but i cant afford no correction dont want to spend that much on a exhaust