PDA

View Full Version : Aux audio kit for Civic 06?

chrissara
16-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I am sure this has been asked before, but is there a Aux audio kit for the Civic 06?

Manual refers to it, but methinks it is for the overseas models.

Can it be done as an after sales fit?

NB This is the kit that lets you plug in say an Ipod into a standard RCA hole, turn to cd player to Aux and play it through there.

Maybe considered useless given that the car I have (Sport) has a 6 stacker MP3 player in it, but it is more for my GPS system.

Lex_EG93
16-08-2006, 10:36 PM
why would u want and audo kit for your gps? lol

chrissara
17-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Nah...I own a TomTom910. Has a built in MP3 player (which is useless given the Civic has the 6 stacker MP3). But is also has an audio output RCA plug that you can plug into your car stereo, so you can listen to the GPS instructions etc, instead of through its er.. crappy speaker.

Reckon the Singapore civic forum might know?

nugget666
18-08-2006, 07:07 PM
^^^ they might.. but im sure a dealer could tell you more.

aleung49
19-08-2006, 10:29 AM
I am sure this has been asked before, but is there a Aux audio kit for the Civic 06?

Manual refers to it, but methinks it is for the overseas models.

Can it be done as an after sales fit?

NB This is the kit that lets you plug in say an Ipod into a standard RCA hole, turn to cd player to Aux and play it through there.

Maybe considered useless given that the car I have (Sport) has a 6 stacker MP3 player in it, but it is more for my GPS system.

I saw it somewhere in this forum there is a cable call ICELINK when does the job of connecting ipod with the Civic deck...and can use the wheel to control it as well

xenfacta
20-08-2006, 10:43 PM
an audio installer should be able to help. as should your dealer. the most common way i know is to run it through the auxilliary input jack which is used for external stackers etc. Cronulla Car Sound and Precision at Blakehurst are two places in Sydney that do them.

JaCe
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I wonder how it all works with the Civic 06 though. Considering we have the indash stacker, and according to the mp3yourcar website which sells the iPod adaptor which xenfacta used, there should be another port on our HU to allow for something like this...

... btw xenfacta, with your iPod adaptor, did you get the one which has an AUX input on the side?

xenfacta
12-11-2006, 08:08 PM
i have 2 plugs in my car now. the ipod once and a 3.5 mm jack for any other device

JaCe
12-11-2006, 09:22 PM
i have 2 plugs in my car now. the ipod once and a 3.5 mm jack for any other device

Sweet. I really want to install something like what you have- or might get installed professionally. Could you please post info about how you found installation/what steps you took?

I'm very very interested! :D

I Am Tiger Woods
13-11-2006, 05:55 PM
I just bought the base line VTI
am into car audio so i've got the usual stuff
1) 4channel
2) monoblock
3) Sub
4) Splits
5) rear speakers...cos i like my passengers :)

I've been looking around for a way to keep the stock headunit, and the audio shops in perth all crap la..haha..no one can get in the Face plate to put in a headunit anyways...im from Singapore and they are available there...

HOWEVER,

i wanted to keep the system as stock as possible. so with some help from a friend in singapore this is what i've done

wires from the rear of the stock headunit - get a high/low converter. $20 bucks..all it does is makes the bare wires to ur speakers into RCA outs. so voila! u got a pair of RCA's

next thing i did was pick up a PreAmp - DB Drive SPEQ 5 channel for me :) its still hell cheaper then getting a base line headunit...i paid S$160...thats AUS$110-120...what this does is change the output of the stock headunit into high voltage outputs...or 6-7volt ones. To give u a rough idea..the high end pioneer headunits only are up to about 5-6 volt...but dun worry i find most ppl wont be able to tell the difference.

so with this preamp.. i am able to control the Sub, front , rear, and also have a 5channel EQ. is as good as getting a premium headunit.

BEST OF ALL...it has an AUX input for all devices...just need to get a y adapter from 2 rca stereo to 3.5mm input jack where u stick the input for ur headphones...

so the system from the outside..will look TOTALLY stock...everythings hidden.
fantastic stuff...and it sounds great. with the control like an aftermarket headunit.

now im looking for a place to put this half din unit..haha....im thinking in the glove compartment...will screw it to the higher side ....
suggestions?

hope this helped a bit....for those looking to upgrade their system

cheers!
chris

bahloo
16-11-2006, 10:08 AM

What did you use for your iPod plug? I've been looking for one but am not sure which one to get?

xenfacta
16-11-2006, 11:07 AM
what u mean? both cables run from the ipod unit i got installed. thats a neo ion