PDA

View Full Version : shocks + springs help/recommend

chilli
16-08-2006, 11:18 PM
hey guys!

can anyone recommend springs + shocks for ek civic hatch. Im looking for low price, but a good set of springs and shocks. Dont have needs for fancy adjustable stuff. And i dont want anything krazie low. I currently have super low kings.. and with new rims, my car has alot of scrubbing (looks great, but not practical). Maybe because of 205/50/r16 tyres? im not sure. But i think raising car a little with fairly firm suspension should help stop the scrubbing.

budget is around 700 or so.

Also if anyone can recommend where to buy in melbourne.

thanks in advance!!!

(i post in this section, feel free to move if you think it belongs elsewhere)

martin
17-08-2006, 12:04 AM
you can also roll ur guards and u wont waste as much money as getting new/used shocks.

bungsai
17-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah, where is the scrubbing coming from the outside of the tire or the inside?

Super lows, tien ss, buddy club whatever...if you lower it it may still scrub. Try rolling the guards.

You could also try some Koni yellows and put the superlows in that. With the adjustable perch settings you should be able to dial in a good height.

quangsta
17-08-2006, 12:24 AM
700 hrmz....abit more can get u koni yellows....

otherwise kyb shocks are around the 700 dollar mark

if u want both new shock and spring combination gonna cost u around ~1000....

some options

koni yellow & old king S/L~ 850
kyb & old king S/L ~ 700
or add eibach ~ 500, tein ~ 400 etc..

second maybe you'll find shock and springs for ~ 700...

if you put a little more in you can get coilovers
brand new d2 ~ 1200
or second set of teins or cusco ~ 1100

chilli
17-08-2006, 01:05 AM
ohh thanks for the advice guys!! much appreciated!!

i think the tyres r scrubbing from the outside. From what i can tell. And i have noticed the rear tyre diagonal from driver side, it seems to rub fairly easy when doing a right hand turn in comparrison to the other wheels. I think maybe that shock is more worn than the others. I still have stock shocks, so maybe koni yellows are a good option. And also roll my guards. Does rolling guards require much? i assume its mainly just removing the rubber above the tyre?

can anyone recommend good/cheap places to get koni yellows around eastern subs melbourne?

thnx!!!

bungsai
17-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey dude you can get koni yellows off some traders here i think, at very reasonable prices. Try and PM Trav from underground imports *EGSI*,

Rolling guards is basically rolling up the little lip that sits just above ure tires on the inside of the guards. If you get the yellows you may not need to roll your guards so maybe do that first aye.

chilli
17-08-2006, 04:42 PM
sounds good! where to buy koni yellows in melb ^^? I prefer to buy from a shop in melb :)

700 hrmz....abit more can get u koni yellows....

otherwise kyb shocks are around the 700 dollar mark

if u want both new shock and spring combination gonna cost u around ~1000....

some options

koni yellow & old king S/L~ 850
kyb & old king S/L ~ 700
or add eibach ~ 500, tein ~ 400 etc..

second maybe you'll find shock and springs for ~ 700...

if you put a little more in you can get coilovers
brand new d2 ~ 1200
or second set of teins or cusco ~ 1100

czy_sol87
17-08-2006, 05:05 PM
sounds good! where to buy koni yellows in melb ^^? I prefer to buy from a shop in melb :)
buying at ur local shop could cost u more whereas buying from one of the traders u just have to wait a couple of days for the stuff to come to ur door

SiReal
17-08-2006, 06:14 PM
well there is suspension city in north melbourne. They're pretty good at what they do, but you wont be getting koni yellows for under a grand. esp from a shop. the only way is probably through a trader, second hand or from a mate that might work at a koni distributor.

quangsta
17-08-2006, 07:07 PM
there was a trader before on ozhonda....cant remember his trader name now but he was around the ringwood area selling for 850 a set of koni yellows.... tried looking for him but i believe he is no longer a trader... any of the other traders who sell them should be better priced then shops and they get them delivered to your door too.

nugget666
17-08-2006, 07:13 PM
underground improts has koni yellows.

SiReal
17-08-2006, 09:08 PM
the trader wouldve been race division. cheap as chips. but the guys that did the install as referred by him..hmm thats another story. i was left with two sets of bumpstops, + incorrectly installed rear shocks. tsk tsk... and they didnt return my calls. nice fellas but hopeless at some things they claim to know how to do.

hence suspension city is the place to go if u want a shop front. I have heard ALL good things about them. The owner took over the business from his father. been around for over 25 years. they know their stuff and although costs a lil more, i cannot highly recommend them enough.

EDIT: Underground imports as well. Trav takes REAL good care of ya. I purchased my yellows off him. Wouldn't have picked anyone else. Came a few days later in the mail no probs :)

chilli
18-08-2006, 01:34 AM
sweet. thnx heaps for your feedback. Im gonna ask my mechanic about my car, and see what he thinks i should do. Ill look into underground imports also =]. I have noticed only my rear left wheel is scrubbing. Im thinking maybe spring is loose or something... if thats possible. Anyway ill check it all out tomorrow

thanks for the feedback :)