PDA

View Full Version : popping sounds from speakers

kayot1k
17-08-2006, 01:15 AM
anyone know what the popping sounds from the speakers mean ?
bad earthing etc??

just today, i stop getting sounds from my speakers out of no where.
now i get popping sounds from the speakers every few seconds or so, even with volume on zero.

any help would be great.

p.s i dont think my speakers are blown cus i dont ever raise the volume that loud enough.

regards

02hondaGRL
17-08-2006, 01:47 AM
i think either your positive or negative wire is coming off its hook. i had similar noises, but i didnt' actually get any sound out of any of the speakers, only the sub worked, cut the connection as such. Is it playing music? cos if so -ignore me.

kayot1k
17-08-2006, 09:08 AM
nah its not playing any music.
im pretty certain no loose wiring.
i thought the rca cables were loose but double checked them still in tight.

im not getting any music atm, just popping sounds pretty loud too at zero volume.

AmateurJazz
17-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Are you running your speakers off an amp? If so, it is highly likely that your amp needs rework i.e. re-soldering of the circuit board. I had a similar problem due to the fact that I had a made-in-china "American" brand amp and it basically died within a year. Changed it to a more higher end amp and it's all good.

Otherwise it may be an earthing problem - change the earthing cable to a bigger cable and make sure the earthing point is 100% metal i.e. scrap off all the paint that could prevent the current passing through. May also consider upgrading the earth around the battery.

marte
17-08-2006, 02:09 PM
earthing problem. if u got no music playing and u rev ur car does the popping get louder kinda?

02hondaGRL
17-08-2006, 03:16 PM
If the speakers aren't on an amp, if they're straight off the HU - then take out the HU, and undo the 8 wires, one at a time, you'll find the culperate cos the music will play once that speaker which is faulty isn't hooked up.

kayot1k
17-08-2006, 04:48 PM
yeh i think it might be the amp actually.
im running alpine amps atm. might of gotten damaged by water im thinking, but its working again, i mean music is playing again which i think im very lucky.
just gotta make sure it doesnt get wet again.

AmateurJazz
18-08-2006, 10:09 AM
If the sound persists I would suggest you just fit in another amp it be sure that it is coming from the original amp. A broken-down amp can cause considerable damage to your speakers so I wouldn't keep using it. It may be a matter of a few bumps on the road before your amp starts popping again.

EuroDude
19-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I would check the fuses on the Amp and Head Unit.