PDA

View Full Version : yet another erratic idle thread

ginganggooly
17-05-2004, 04:23 PM
oh well, why not. a question for the ozhonda gods ;)

cleaned up the iac valve about four weeks back, that didn't seem to have much of an effect on my idle. sometimes it idles at around 900rpm, other times it sits at around 1200rpm.

could it be to do with the fast idle thermo? kinda running out of ideas... i did the little test where you put your finger over the hole, and it seems to be working as normal.

the other funny thing is that turning the idle adjustor screw doesn't seem to effect my idle. why would that be?

on a side note, i have a hondata s200, could it be related to this?

ginganggooly
17-05-2004, 04:32 PM
forgot to mention- when i try to hold a certain RPM, the motor revs up and down within about a 500rpm range. for example, if i'm trying to hold it at 3500rpm, the revs will fluctuate between 3000 and 3500 roughly every two seconds.

razztech
20-05-2004, 04:53 PM
hay man were u from.......... :?:

razztech
20-05-2004, 04:54 PM
hay man were u from.......... :?:

bennjamin
20-05-2004, 04:59 PM

Got it ;)

Being a EFI engine...its a ECU that controls everything to do with your car....and so , having an aftermarket ECU ( or piggyback) THEN the problem will be to do with the aftermarket ECU.

First....consult your hondata dealer and tell them exactly what is happening...there could be a minor or major problem with ur ECU !

Next....I would start by disconnecting your aftermarket ECU , and hooking up the original OEM ECU - to see if the problem still exisists - if the idle still fluctuates...then it must be a mechanical problem - blocked/bad MAP sensor or O2 sensor etc....ASK SOMEONE that 100% knows ok doody !!!

ginganggooly
20-05-2004, 05:08 PM
sydney

ginganggooly
20-05-2004, 05:10 PM

Got it ;)

Being a EFI engine...its a ECU that controls everything to do with your car....and so , having an aftermarket ECU ( or piggyback) THEN the problem will be to do with the aftermarket ECU.

First....consult your hondata dealer and tell them exactly what is happening...there could be a minor or major problem with ur ECU !

Next....I would start by disconnecting your aftermarket ECU , and hooking up the original OEM ECU - to see if the problem still exisists - if the idle still fluctuates...then it must be a mechanical problem - blocked/bad MAP sensor or O2 sensor etc....ASK SOMEONE that 100% knows ok doody !!!

unless the ecu mysteriously remapped/shat itsself within the last month, i'm inclined to think it's a mechanical problem.

i noticed last night that when i open the throttle a little with the bonnet up i can hear a whistling sound... i think it could be a vaccum line.

bennjamin
20-05-2004, 05:31 PM
i tend to think it might be u MAP sensor....replace ? or a small , whistling bald man has been sucked into your intake :P

ginganggooly
20-05-2004, 06:04 PM
anyone got a map sensor i can try out?? :)

joneblaze
20-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Steal Eric's. :)
LOL@small bald man...

ginganggooly
20-05-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah... i got an image of the chinaman with the massive forehead. ;)

tinkerbell
21-05-2004, 12:39 PM
um - doubt is it ECU

usually mechanical...

usually FITV (take backing plate off and see if airflow when warm - if air flow tighten plastic piece by turning clockwise)

then IACV (replace to determine whether it is broken)

then clogged TB (undo idle screw - blast in carbie cleaner whilst running)

PM me your email for detailed tech notes ;)

tinkerbell
21-05-2004, 12:42 PM
and make sure your TPS is reading within spec (< 0.5v at closed ~4.5v at open)

ginganggooly
21-05-2004, 02:14 PM
and make sure your TPS is reading within spec (< 0.5v at closed ~4.5v at open)

cool, i'll give that a check tonight.

cheers ;)