PDA

View Full Version : New clutch

sever_all_ties
18-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Gday people. I just got an xtreme cushioned ceramic clutch and XACT streetlite flywheel installed today. Just wondering if anyone else with a teg (DC2) has a similar setup? Ive searched and found a few things but yeah. I was a little disappointed with my first impressions as it isnt that much different from stock. Still easy as to take off with the clutch pickup still fairly high up on the pedal too. As for the flywheel making the engine rev better...ive noticed a marginal at best difference. I do realise that its a streetlite which is a 5kg flywheel but yeah, was expecting a fairly dramatic difference from this combination. Any people in the know could you please enlighten me? Cheers.

Felix
18-08-2006, 09:38 PM
I've got a 4kg Toda flywheel and Exedy HD clutch. I noticed huge differences in the clutchs instant grab capabilities.
As to the flywheel, yeah marginally allows the engine to rev much easier..

Zilli
19-08-2006, 03:22 PM
wow... ive heard people rave about the flywheel being the best bang for buck mod to cars like ours

sever_all_ties
21-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah so did i which is why i bought one lol. My biggest disappointment is the clutch though. I was expecting to have to learn how to drive manual all over again and it was nothing of the sort. Very very similar to stock.

T-onedc2
21-08-2006, 12:29 PM
............My biggest disappointment is the clutch though. I was expecting to have to learn how to drive manual all over again and it was nothing of the sort. Very very similar to stock.
If an uprated clutch still feels very much like stock but does the job then you should be happy with it. Extreme place high emphasis on ease of use with their street clutches, I have a cemamic centre sprung Extreme clutch which is good but more difficult to use than stock.

1900-hustler
21-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah so did i which is why i bought one lol. My biggest disappointment is the clutch though. I was expecting to have to learn how to drive manual all over again and it was nothing of the sort. Very very similar to stock.

i dont see how tha is a dissapointment..? if u wanted to learn manual again should have got like a twin plate or triple plate clutch lol...

u generally use the car in the street. so ease of use is a big factor on the street.. and im pretty sure the clutch rates better than stock.. which is wat u wer after all along i presume..

sever_all_ties
21-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Lol. Sorry if it sounds like im a whingeing pom. Its just from the reviews i read it looked like i was in for something that was a bit more bitey. Yes, it does rate better than stock, but my stock clutch was slipping so it would be hard not to be better lol. Cheers anyway, we'll see how it holds up when i do more performance stuff to the car.