PDA

View Full Version : DA9 Main Relay / ECU Problem?

sockai
19-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey guys,
Car won't start again. I've got a 89' DA9 with a '93 DA6 B16a (obd1, 125kw) dropped into it. I've had this problem before a few months back, but it was temperamental and went away after I jiggled the relay a bit, but now it seems like it's here to stay. I've got 3 different relays that I've tried with, they all click when I turn the ignition, but the fuel pump isn't priming still. Solid ECL. When I try to start the car, it turns over but there's no spark.

Just wondering, could this be an ECU problem? Does anyone know the name of the ecu or the type of ecu that i have, so that I can go find one and try and see if it works? The guy who sold me the halfcut said it was the stock ecu.

Thanks for any help,
-Shane

ECU-MAN
19-08-2006, 09:13 PM
the back up processor should kick in and start the car, unless yoru ECU is real bad shape.

is your ECU OBDO or OBDI

are all your fuses ok ?

sockai
20-08-2006, 01:42 AM
it's obd1. i'll check the fuses tommorow when i see the car. any other ideas at all?

CRXer
20-08-2006, 10:39 AM
If your jiggling the relay to keep it going,then that would be the first thing I'd look at.
If the relay is stuffed ,then you will get solid CEL because there will be no power to the ecu therefore no fuel pump or ignition either.
The main coil in the relay is prob burnt out or you got bad solder joints in there.
Either replace it or I think ECU-MAN did (another) good DIY on main relay touch up in the DIY section.
Also do check the fuses,one in the engine bay fuse box & one in the under dash fuse box