PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen Qs

Jong
20-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey all
just a couple of queries i was hoping u all could help me with
1) i own a 3rd gen prelude. i read from some u.s.a prelude forum that a mazda 626 front lip will fit my car, and also 5th gen side skirts and rear lip will fit my car. Can any1 confirm this with me please? thanks

2) my glovebox got jammed/won't open somehow, i've tried everything such as unscrewing all possible screws etc but it won't budge for some reason, and in the process i have snapped the whole handle off as well. just wondering if any1 knew where i could go to fix a problem like this, or if i decide to just snap the whole thing and destroy the actual box where i could find a replacement etc! this is quite an odd problem to have i know hope sum1 can help me

thanks heaps ppls

phily
20-08-2006, 01:30 AM
626 lip will fit. but it looks ugly i reckon. the stock lip is nicer.

5th gen sideskirts and rear lip will fit with modification its not a bolt on job.

as for glovebox fix i think there is a writeup in the 3g writeup section on www.preludeaustralia.com <--you have to sign up to view the pages

Jong
20-08-2006, 08:01 PM
thanks phily
wat kinda modifications u talkin about?
theres a stock front lip? wow. where can i get my hands on one of these

phily
23-08-2006, 11:15 AM
There is a link somewhere for the 5th gen skirts. ill have to find it for ya.

as for the stock lip try the wreckers, but ive heard they dont seperate Lip from bumper unless the bumper is damaged.

ill try and find these for ya in a a little while, got some stuff to do now.
ps sorry for the lateness in reply.

phily
24-08-2006, 11:18 PM
ok i found the link for the skirts
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242502
and the pics in that thread, he has a 626 lip on it.

Glovebox Fix
http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/CommonProblemFixes/Brokenglovebox/brokenglovebox.htm

The website www.prelude3g.com (where glovebox fix came from) has heaps of common problem fixes and other small mods you can do yourself.