PDA

View Full Version : Speakers not working

Stoosh
20-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey guys, i recently ran my front splits (RF P162S) and some shitty 6x9's to a 4ch amp, now whenever there is music playing, the speakers just turn off and one really quickly and never stay on for more than about 5 seconds, when this happens the amp is still turned on (its not turning off and on again) i think it may have something to do with the RCA's

what do you guys think?

CRXer
21-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Sounds like(pardon pun) u got short on speaker leg that is turning off quickly & the amp is going into protection mode.
Double check your speaker wiring.

stanleym
21-08-2006, 09:30 AM
if amp is not turning off etc as said protection mode but also might be worth checking remote cable could be touching permenant wire some where also might just be the amp in general ...is it a new one or one u had lying around???

u kno friends that have lots of knowledge about systems??

BRU51N
25-08-2006, 07:34 PM
-the amp might not be grounded properly
-amp is crappy and might be overheating and cutting out.
-rca's are maybe damaged, either at the head, or might have a cut in the cable.

EuroDude
25-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah check all the connections and ensure nothing is shorting on the speakers, amp, and head unit. Check the fuses on the amp and headunit.

If everything looks ok, then use trial and error. Disconnect the fronts and test the rears, then disconnects the rears and test the fronts.

It could be caused by bad Earthing, so reconnect the Amp's Earth cable. Similar thing happened to my Amp, it turned out that the Earth cable was bolted down ok, but was not making good contact.

Stoosh
28-08-2006, 07:00 PM
update: the stereo seems to work when i turn the car off :S but its all crackily when the car is started

i dont think its the wiring cuz the amp isnt turning off n on all the time.. there is constant power to the amp

EuroDude
28-08-2006, 08:10 PM
it could be engine feedback or a bad alternator or something.

Instead of ripping out the RCA's, get a spare set of RCA's and connect the amp to the deck, hold up the RCA cable away from the car's floor area and see if that improves the sound.

Also try relocating the Earth cable on the cars chassis, make it as short as possible.

stanleym
30-08-2006, 08:50 PM
hmmmmm u got pioneer unit??

just a query does the bass make some verystrange noises not to the proper beat etc

might be headunit with broken internal fuse.... would need to test things to work out where the source of the problem is

Rasputin
02-09-2006, 06:41 AM
You could also just hook up an ipod/similar to the amp to isolate the problem and check if it is the head unit itself, or the RCA's.
Obviously if the problem continues it is to do with the Amp setup or the speaker setup (I had a similar problem where one tweeter's -ve terminal was touching the chassis)

dsp26
02-09-2006, 08:29 AM
its definately a short if it consistently cuts out in the same time period.

the last time i had a "crackling sound" was when i shorted the high level outputs straight from the deck.

your problem is at the output section of the amp.

check all speaker shorts suggestions above.