PDA

View Full Version : passenger side engine mount cracked - can i fill it up? make it solid?

BlitZ
20-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi there...

I am talking about the passenger side upper mount.. the big liquid filled one...

its currently cracked... can i get inserts or fill them up>?

if so where do they sit ? it isnt like the other ones with the holes...

:thumbsup:

Thanks a million.. need this baby fixed!

ECU-MAN
20-08-2006, 08:02 PM
what sorf of car ???

fatboyz39
20-08-2006, 08:03 PM
the mount of the bottom of the block which connect to the underside of the chassis?

SKREMN
20-08-2006, 10:17 PM
your better off getting a new one even if you decide to get inserts

bennjamin
21-08-2006, 08:07 AM
the mount of the bottom of the block which connect to the underside of the chassis?

He means the liquid filled one...IE the big one holding the engine .
The lower torque mounts are rubber.

jimmeh
21-08-2006, 08:24 AM
sikaflex 255extra is your friend for this job
cost about 25-30

barefootbonzai
21-08-2006, 08:42 AM
sikaflex 255extra is your friend for this job
cost about 25-30

yep that's the shit right der. we use it to fill all our mounts :thumbsup:

BlitZ
21-08-2006, 09:19 AM

yeah... that what i am doing but with cold cast urathane...

But WTF do i fill... looks solid...

this is for the EK... top passegner side mount.. looks like a temple...!:thumbsup:

bennjamin
21-08-2006, 09:36 AM
liquid is on the inside...i believe you need to get the liquid out and then fill it with the silkaflex or similar stuff.

fatboyz39
21-08-2006, 09:36 AM
lay them flat on a cardboard fill them up, oven bake them.

BlitZ
21-08-2006, 10:31 AM
lay them flat on a cardboard fill them up, oven bake them.

Talking specifically about teh upper EK mount..
it looks likee a temple..

ill be using tape... not cardboard...:thumbsup:

BlitZ
21-08-2006, 10:33 AM
liquid is on the inside...i believe you need to get the liquid out and then fill it with the silkaflex or similar stuff.
the top of the mount is completly solid.. no holes or gaps what so ever..

Oh way to get inside is through a pin d1ck hole on the bottom.. (3mm big)..

?????

BlitZ
21-08-2006, 10:36 AM
this is EK specific...

NOT eg/dc... their upper passenger mount is completely different with no flaps on each side

bennjamin
21-08-2006, 10:37 AM

any DIY for rear engine mount ?

and BUMP for info for BLITZ

barefootbonzai
21-08-2006, 11:58 AM
any DIY for rear engine mount ?

and BUMP for info for BLITZ

you just feel it up completely, got a set at home waiting for next conversion, i'll take some pics when i get home if i remeber.

Biltz your best bet is just go to wreckers and grab one from another ek, they all the same. Either that or just invest in a set of proper mounts, innovative or something.

BlitZ
21-08-2006, 12:41 PM
you just feel it up completely, got a set at home waiting for next conversion, i'll take some pics when i get home if i remeber.

Biltz your best bet is just go to wreckers and grab one from another ek, they all the same. Either that or just invest in a set of proper mounts, innovative or something.

yeah ... i am going to get another one.. i just want to fill my next one up.. just dont know where to fill it.,...

barefootbonzai
21-08-2006, 12:57 PM
yer, i dont' think you can fill that one in particular. But if it makes you feel better that mount doesn't do much. The ones that make the difference is the rear and the 2 front bottom ones. They will diffinitely reduce engine movement.

BlitZ
21-08-2006, 01:06 PM
yer, i dont' think you can fill that one in particular. But if it makes you feel better that mount doesn't do much. The ones that make the difference is the rear and the 2 front bottom ones. They will diffinitely reduce engine movement.
yeah i know.. it just holds the engine up... .. it does only little compared to the rest.. still should help a very very little eheheh..

I just want more rattles ehehehe.... buzzz buzzzz....... brrroommm..:thumbsup:

EGB18CT
21-08-2006, 01:17 PM
blitz, just fill them up, if the liquid one is torn, just pour in the polyurethane stuff in it, the others make sure u tape them up real good and tight otherwise it will leak out. the 2 top ones are not that important as they are fairly firm and no flex anyway but i just did mine cos they were off and had left over. The other 3 tortion mounts u need to do. my tortion ones were torn and i filled them up and they are holding up better than the honda ones.... a lesson for honda! nothing much more to it. just tape...fill....leave to dry....install.

barefootbonzai
21-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I just want more rattles ehehehe.... buzzz buzzzz....... brrroommm..:thumbsup:

lol, i think if you ever sat in my car you would probably change your mind. I'm sort of use to it, but still quite annoying for everyday driving. Drove my mum for the first time in my car for ages, and she was like "have you bolted everything up, it sounds like your car is gonna fall apart, can't you hear that rattling everywhere?". I just laughed, lol.

EGB18CT
21-08-2006, 01:30 PM
mines the same, plus the loud exhaust so all i get from my gf is "i have a headache" and from her mum shes like try to be quiet when u come home from going out... im thinking impossible lol

CRXer
21-08-2006, 10:37 PM
u guys should try sitting in a gen 2 crx with hasport mounts.....
15 years worth of built up rattles right thurr........
plus exhaust sitting on the rear lca,sounds like a building site inside on cold start in the morn.