PDA

View Full Version : Lowering, Reset standard springs?

Taso
20-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey what would your thoughts be on reseting your standard springs, as i am currently looking to lowering my car but cannot find any springs that will give me the drop i am looking for, if anyone know's of any springs also that will give me a 1.5-2inch drop on my 4th gen prelude it would be much apreciated,
i have been in a car that has had reset springs and the ride was great, anyone have any comments that may be a disadvantage of getting this done?

thanks

vtek
20-08-2006, 10:12 PM
you can get king springs that lower the car 1.5inchs and eibach sportlines that lower it 1.7-2 inchs.

preludacris
21-08-2006, 02:29 AM
by resetting, do you mean compressing ?

eibach sportlines and king super lows should be what ur looking for

u can lower that much also with eibach prokit and koni yellows if u set the shock height aswell

Taso
21-08-2006, 03:51 PM
nah not compressing, by reseting they put the springs in a machine that twists the springs and resets the height of the spring,

SiReal
21-08-2006, 04:26 PM
when they 'twist' the spring, the spring itself will become more narrow. So that would pose problems in fitting (the diameter will not be in line with the strut top housing/spring cup). Also you may cause fractures in the metal (unlikely) but you never know.

So get new springs (safer, better performance). They only cost $300 RRP. Even cheaper if from a trader. Do it properly mate :)

Taso
21-08-2006, 05:23 PM
ye i think i might, im having trouble finding springs, any recommendations of any places that i can find a set of springs?

kerim
21-08-2006, 05:27 PM
ey man, i reset my stock springs on my ek and had em on for about a couple of years, since that time have had no problem with them

i got it done by the suspension centre

Taso
21-08-2006, 08:06 PM
ey man, i reset my stock springs on my ek and had em on for about a couple of years, since that time have had no problem with them

i got it done by the suspension centre

hey ye i was told to go to the suspension centre but i dont no where about it is, so is reset different to compressing? cause ppl are sayn its the same as compressing and if it is i dont want my springs sagging hardcore if you get me, how did it handle? how much did it cost you? would you recomend it or say its a bad idea?

rev-tech
23-08-2006, 09:09 AM
i would NEVER re-set springs after seeing what has happened to some that have had that done.
twisted/bent and just down right dangerous!

Where are you located?
Where abouts have you been looking for suspension?

If you're in Sydney i can't recomend East Coast Suspension enough.

i went there to get my BMW lowered, it had already been "lowered" so i wasn't sure how much to lower it by (properly).
They measured from the center hub up to where i wanted the guard to sit, from here they worked some other stuff out and sent it off to Lovells to get a set of springs "custom made" up.
Cost me $250 for the set of 4 springs