PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Headunit installation

stoodamire
21-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey guys and girls.

I'm havings heaps of problems trying to figure out how to put the headunit in. Because it needs a rear bracket and at the moment i don't know how to make one?

Any people hear have experience with installing the HU into the Type R that could give me some pointers?

Install dr didn't help either..

Thanks heaps!

m3ntAL_l2
21-08-2006, 12:12 AM
mmm just ducktape it to ur tray thingie and stick it in, lol

stoodamire
21-08-2006, 12:20 AM
mmm just ducktape it to ur tray thingie and stick it in, lol

lol i made a bracket for the sides so the tray and headunit are together..but the stock headunit conjoined to a bracket at the rear which i'm having difficulty with at the moment, so whenever i do some spirited driving, it's like the HU is going to fly out.

m3ntAL_l2
21-08-2006, 12:23 AM
nah dont bother with the rear one...
LOL it wont just fly out man, i thought of teh samething when i put my in, but its all sweet i dont even hav the side brackets just ducktaped it and BANG chcuked it in

stoodamire
21-08-2006, 12:28 AM
LOl, i know it won't fall out, but it moves out of position all the time....>< and i have to adjust it back...pretty much everytime i go even close to hitting VTEC...moves out of position..

m3ntAL_l2
21-08-2006, 12:31 AM
:S u seriosue?!, umm mine dont move at all.... must b a vetC thing then weird, do u hav the head unit sitting on top of teh tray or under it? try put it on top
if not then i dont know.,.....

stoodamire
21-08-2006, 12:43 AM
The HU is on top. I made a bracket so the tray and HU are like stuck together...

TEG01
21-08-2006, 11:57 PM
there 2 things
1. stoping the HU from moving left n right... answer use duck tape... and use heaps off it if must.... basically wat u do is wrap duck tape around HU n bottom tray jus enough so that is doesnt slide left or right (not tooo much or u cant get HU in... lol)

2. stoppin the HU from movin in n out... get a lil strip of metal (say 2cm by 5cm) and drill 1 hole on one of the ends, screw hole end too the HU then position ur HU inside... once u finally get it where u want it, get behind the HU, look where that metal piece is then drill a hole through the metal strip and the rear bracket (watch out for the wires and a small drill would be great ^^ ) then screw

VTECACCORD
22-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Man every time i had a powerful shift, my head unit would fly out into my hand.

So I tiestrapped it to the metal behind the head unit, walla problem solved.

duct tape is not the answer use zip ties

shinji112
25-08-2006, 10:39 AM
cable ties ftw y0! thats how i held my deck in

stanleym
25-08-2006, 02:05 PM
i just found a spot where screws can go into the headunit and then got a piece of metal and secured it to the matel frame that is included

good for e as i will need to remove the glovebox in future to get it out tough jobfor a thief

Coponeinthenuts
27-08-2006, 07:18 AM
or you could just send $20-$30 and get some1 to install it, im not a big ICE fan so wen it comes to ICE, let some1 who really cares do it.
Especially if your gonna go for the whole show car install for shows n stuff

fasin8
27-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I brought a after market headunit bracket from autobarn (green valley). cost about $40.
In short, u put in the after market brackets and your new headunit clips-in.
NB: the brackets support sin din or double din :)

Cheers
Jim