PDA

View Full Version : Breeze Power Windows

SiR JDM
17-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, im doing the 1.3 breeze to si-r conversion... but i really want power windows.. i know it will weigh down the car a lil more than the stock breeze, but id sacrifice that for the power windows :P

Just wondering how hard and expensive it is to do the conversion from the wind ups to the power ones....

thanks!

Setanta
17-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Don't the EG Si and VTi have them? If so, head off to a wreckers and get all the mechanisms, relays and wiring looms... then work out how they all mount up and fit in and you are set.

Personally - I wouldn't swap the windows - if you want all the options, flog the car off and get one that has it all. Less hasle that way in the long run.

Mitch M
17-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Prolly just head to the wreckers and pull the engine and that from the power windows in another civic, and pull the door trim as well. Like the entire door trim. Otherwise you'll be left with a hole where the winder was. + it will be a hassle putting in the power window controls.

shouldn't be overly expensive. As far as i know you need:
- window motor
- window braces / arms to push the window up and pull it down
- Door trim
- wiring

thats about it

A'PEXi
17-05-2004, 10:47 PM
or you could just retrim the doors... :D

SiR JDM
17-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Ahhks.. yea ive got the engine and all that, everythings all sweet, just i asked the guy n he said he couldn't do the windows for me, because doens't have the parts, just wondering if the parts were cheap, i could just get them from a wreaker.. n he could hook us up..
its only a hatch so only need 2 of them :P

thanks guys..

I think the loom wiring is coming with the conversion from the 1/2 cut, so only the relays and mayb the motor is needed

anyone done this conversion?

SIKCVC
17-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah [[Danny]] has done the B16a into breeze, he's pretty cluey on all the stuff... Good luck dude :P and the front cut SHOULD have everything so even if you can get 2 whole doors... all you need to do then is plug them into the loom. The plugs SHOULD fit but might need some fidling around because the EG-6 had fold in mirrors. But yeah buying whole Si/VTi doors and pluging them in is your best and easiest option, probably cheaper too if you were gonna have someone convert your windows/doors for you.

SiR JDM
02-06-2004, 04:09 PM
I just got a call from the guy whos doin my SiR II conversion in my breeze.
He said that he might not be able to do the power windows because of the Jap converters or something.

Is this true? Can you just use ADM spec parts?

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2004, 04:13 PM
well no u need the jap parts cuz

aus specs dont have the foling mirror and so on..

but the power windows i do not know..

SiR JDM
02-06-2004, 04:25 PM
If the loom is already there? Would it be a problem still? just to chuck in the regulators and motors etc?