PDA

View Full Version : B16A Gearbox

C_I_V_I_C
21-08-2006, 05:03 PM
i found out what the problem with my gearbox was the centre pin in the diff came loose and it smashed through the housing. i have found another b16a gearbox and i am planning on replacing the clutch and pressure plate but i have not decided on a lightened flywheel should i machine the old flywheel to remove some weight or should i buy a pre lightened flywheel.

2MPRSS
21-08-2006, 05:04 PM
just get it machined if you are not running serious power,spend the money elsewhere ;)

sivic
22-08-2006, 12:43 AM
imo go a aftermarket flywheel. they getting pretty cheap now anyway. you can get a toda one for about $500 or get an ACT one from the states for a few hundred. both are chromoly not aluminium.
you cant safely machine down a stock flywheel to the same weight as an aftermarket one. they're just regular steel and dont have the same structural strength as chromoly steel.
besides what matching bang for buck mod are you going to do to an NA B series with those couple hundred bucks you save? the increased response and acceleration you get from a lightweight flywheel is great for what you spend.

bigjo5
22-08-2006, 09:26 PM
my mate had the same problem with his one too.. his box was recon'd then he drove it for about 2-3 weeks.. and that had happen.. from what the mechanic said was.. that he ripped it too much and ***ed up the diff and the bolts on the diff just go loose.. there for it breaks through the housing..