PDA

View Full Version : MODS and INSURANCE.

Honda Enthusiast
22-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone!

Please note that I have opened up this thread not to continue arguments but I feel it's good for everyone to share their experiences etc when it comes to conducting mods and then coming to terms with their insurances.

I am not saying I am an insurance guru, the wise etc...but am happy to help where I can and am also happy to learn from everyone else too!

Regards,

Sky

bro - if d insurance company dun cover em - eg in yo contract - i dun think they gon replace em - + if they find out they wont cover u at all - YES?

Correct.

But one more point worth noting...

It's called contributory-loss situation...

Just say if you did a mod that the insurance company won't cover... it doesn't necessarily mean they'll continue covering you excluding that mod in the time of loss... depends on the mod... and I stress very heavily... DEPENDING on the mod... if it's approved but they won't cover it in the time of loss, e.g. bottom neons (I'm just saying IF)...then yes, they'll still insure you excluding such a mod...

However, if you do a mod like a engine change that they do not approve off for some reason - then they can turn around and say something like - "due to the implementation of the engine replacement and as per the guidelines outlined in your duty of disclosure upon taking this insurance policy etc... this modification has contributed to the lack of, the loss of etc to your vehicle therefore causing this accident to occur...therefore you are not covered by us etc..." So yeah, I would definitely ring up and check first before modding your car... lowering it too much can also cause them to decline your insurance... I am talk about by-the-book shyte here!

All the other under the table bullshyte... I'll leave it up to others to show you how to dodge them or file a false claim....

SKY

[[d a n n y]]
22-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Dude your gonna get banned just leave the ****ing topic alone.
there is a reason why it got closed
your just asking for more trouble

bennjamin
22-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Insurance covers only that whihc is agreed to.
Anything they dont know about , ofcourse wont be covered and possibly will void any legal contract.
Its up to YOU as the car owner to talk it out with your insurance :)

incoming
22-08-2006, 04:56 PM
jesus... this guy with his 21 questions

call ur damn insurance company to find out

Honda Enthusiast
22-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Insurance covers only that whihc is agreed to.
Anything they dont know about , ofcourse wont be covered and possibly will void any legal contract.
Its up to YOU as the car owner to talk it out with your insurance :)

Bingo! :thumbsup:

Honda Enthusiast
22-08-2006, 04:57 PM
jesus... this guy with his 21 questions

call ur damn insurance company to find out

Hey, it wasn't me asking the questions! Hope you weren't referring to me... hi hi hi....

For once, I agree...just call them! That sums it all up ah? :wave:

string
22-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I think I started this whole not telling insurance thing, but only because the OP is too much of a dumb-**** to realise the context of what I said.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT A REBUILD. YOU KNOW, THE THING YOU SAID NOT TO DO, BUT TO GET A TURBO INSTEAD. YOU DUMB ****. TO QUOTE MYSELF A BIT MORE, WHO WOULD TELL AN INSURANCE COMPANY THEY REPLACED THEIR BEARINGS AND SEALS? HELLO MR NRMA, IM TELLING YOU I REPLACED MY BEARINGS AND SEALS AND BOLTS, I PLAN TO MAKE MORE POWER IN THE FUTURE BUT NOT NOW, SO I WAS JUST FIXING THE OLD ENGINE UP.

What good would that do?

DO you think there is anyone on the face of this planet stupid enough to spend a huge ammount on a turbo setup, and then get comprehensive insurance and not tell them about any mods?

Do you think that this person would NOT have thought that when they crash into someone and their wreck gets taken away, that they could look at it?

Most people that are stupid enough to think that, never get to the turbo stage due to brain damage.

You should be fired for being such an idiot. Honda enthusiast? You said it yourself, your just saying what you know. Well you know nothing, so keep it shut and get back to your stupid job. No one gives a **** how old you are or who you work for on this forum.

Lex_EG93
22-08-2006, 06:31 PM
dw string... some ppl just dont get it... if he wants to get banned then thats his problem

mrwillz
22-08-2006, 09:38 PM
i askd my insurance if lowered springs r legal, dey sed as long as it satifies vic roads requiremnts then its fine....

Honda Enthusiast
23-08-2006, 09:41 AM
I think I started this whole not telling insurance thing, but only because the OP is too much of a dumb-**** to realise the context of what I said.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT A REBUILD. YOU KNOW, THE THING YOU SAID NOT TO DO, BUT TO GET A TURBO INSTEAD. YOU DUMB ****. TO QUOTE MYSELF A BIT MORE, WHO WOULD TELL AN INSURANCE COMPANY THEY REPLACED THEIR BEARINGS AND SEALS? HELLO MR NRMA, IM TELLING YOU I REPLACED MY BEARINGS AND SEALS AND BOLTS, I PLAN TO MAKE MORE POWER IN THE FUTURE BUT NOT NOW, SO I WAS JUST FIXING THE OLD ENGINE UP.

What good would that do?

DO you think there is anyone on the face of this planet stupid enough to spend a huge ammount on a turbo setup, and then get comprehensive insurance and not tell them about any mods?

Do you think that this person would NOT have thought that when they crash into someone and their wreck gets taken away, that they could look at it?

Most people that are stupid enough to think that, never get to the turbo stage due to brain damage.

You should be fired for being such an idiot. Honda enthusiast? You said it yourself, your just saying what you know. Well you know nothing, so keep it shut and get back to your stupid job. No one gives a **** how old you are or who you work for on this forum.

You're entitled to your own views.
Did it take you a whole night to think up that speech? :thumbdwn:

*Bennjamin edit.edited out*

That's all for me...from now on, if anyone has a problem with me, PM me or something, otherwise...I won't respond to smart-arse comments...too bad, too sad ah?

bennjamin
23-08-2006, 09:47 AM
This thread is about " views and opinions" (much like this site)
But there seems to be nothing but anger coming out.
Guys dont PUSH for replies as people will retaliate with forced thoughts.

IF you want to harass each other then take it to PM please. Not in our forum.

BTW , i have heard of plenty of people to spend stupid amounts of money on cars and not get the "parts/mods" insured.
Reasons ? No money left after modding. OR they are international students and live here in the short term. Or illegal mods. etc.

Honda Enthusiast
23-08-2006, 10:10 AM
MODS - close this thread...I think it's been over-discussed...period.

2kool_4skool
23-08-2006, 11:01 AM
yeah best talk to an expert bro

SiR JDM
24-08-2006, 01:19 PM
MODS - close this thread...I think it's been over-discussed...period.

Then stop making bullshit threads. You should gather by now people are sick of your threads and your opinions on EVERYTHING!