PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for parts

98vtir
23-08-2006, 07:27 AM
hey y'all this is my first post but i've read a few threads and you guys seem like a cool bunch.

anyways i bought a 98 VTI-R off my mate for 16 grand. came with tien coilovers, type r wing and body kit. engine is all stock. got 147 kms on the clock now. heavy duty clutch. and boy do i love this car and the potential it has!!

well i'd like to know if i should get things like civic type r pistons and other stuff for my engine. can you guys recommend my first steps to doing up this car?

i see pretty cheap type r pistons for B16 engines, they would fit mine. but are they worth getting? I dont know too much besides the basic mods on a car but nothing too indepth engine wise etc

Q_ball
23-08-2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12532
This link should only be used as a guide, as its more specified to DC5 applications, but from this, you can get the general feel.
Firstly:
Set your budget,
Determine how much you're willing to spend on the car,
How long you're planning to keep the car,
As well as what sort of goal or aim you wish to achieve with ur car i.e. straight line or corners.

notorious_ahmie
26-08-2006, 04:14 AM
if ur serious about starting to mod ur car and start playin around with its internals..that link qball gave u is good..even going that extra step..meetin up with the tuner...tell them wat ya want..tell them ur budget and theyll reccomend the best thing for urself

maybe speak to dyno dave or toda au on here..there 2 ppl i reccomend for it as they know what there doin and talkin about it..