PDA

View Full Version : converting gsi to vtec??

SmIrNoFF
17-05-2004, 10:08 PM
can u convert the gsi engine b18b to a vtec using a b16a head and stuff?? how much would somthing like this cost???

fried
17-05-2004, 10:10 PM
search on LS-vtec on honda-tech or team integra... i think theres lots there on that?!

Andsss
18-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Apparentnly you can bu ti think its expensive does anny1 one know what kinda digure ur lookig at?

b16a_integra
18-05-2004, 07:39 PM
do an engine conversion instead, itll cost you just as much as doin a LS-vtec conversion. or even turbo kit. they are all around the same price range.

seach on google for LS-vtec
and www.turbokits.com if you wanna go that way.

ckkl
18-05-2004, 08:43 PM
can u convert the gsi engine b18b to a vtec using a b16a head and stuff?? how much would somthing like this cost???

Cost of B16A halfcut (most likely EG6/9) plus quotation from your mechanic for conversion. You'll need the gearbox particularly, since the GSi one won't cut it.

Potentially faster than stock B18C, but probably will need a mechanic who has done it before to tap the oil line for the head and ECU config.

www.honda-tech.com

In fact, I think 99% of stupid questions on this forum (i.e. 99% of questions) should be directed there. Get an education folks...

(sorry last bit not directed specifically at smirnoff)

Javed
18-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Actually I think you will find Ozhonda was designed to help people answer their "stupid" questions while keeping local to Australia. If you are a believer that we should all "get an education" then why dont you try and teach us all that you know?

ckkl
18-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Actually I think you will find Ozhonda was designed to help people answer their "stupid" questions while keeping local to Australia. If you are a believer that we should all "get an education" then why dont you try and teach us all that you know?

I see your point but honestly there is so much misinformation and inexperience at Australian websites. Take OzHonda, there are maybe 4-5 ppl who actually know what they're talking about.

Almost everyone else is either spewing something they read and (mis)interpreted from an American website or refering to something that their friend may/may not have done/seen/heard.

It's basically economies of scale; there isn't a large Honda base in Australia so the knowledge base is generally smaller.

And believe me, there are knowledgeable ppl out there who come here, see how it's polluted with "Are chromies cool? How do I paint my Altezzas?" and just leave. All this noise is a deterrent.

Then again I suppose that may be what this message board is about in which case I'll just keep my mouth shut. :|