PDA

View Full Version : 1 little problem about the water temp meter!!

clarence_yeung
23-08-2006, 08:47 AM
hi guys,

everythime i start my 97 ek1, the water temp meter will move to the middle in 1 sec, is it normal? coz i just bought it last week

but other than that, the car is 100% working, and it doesnt overheated even i drive it for a long long time.

and i ask my the service centre (by phone), the guy said it might be the sensor problem.

what do u guys think? will that cause any big problem?

cheers

TRUMAN
23-08-2006, 09:02 AM
its nothing major.. u might have a wet sensor and might need to be dried.. coz my speedo meter didnt move at one stage becoz it was wet... but i took it to hannys performance and they fixed it up for me, didnt even take long. so yeh.. just lettin u noe.. nothing major. so uve checked ur coolant and resevior tank to make sure nothings leaking>?

clarence_yeung
23-08-2006, 09:05 AM
its nothing major.. u might have a wet sensor and might need to be dried.. coz my speedo meter didnt move at one stage becoz it was wet... but i took it to hannys performance and they fixed it up for me, didnt even take long. so yeh.. just lettin u noe.. nothing major. so uve checked ur coolant and resevior tank to make sure nothings leaking>?

alright cool, i better take it to service, thx truman

JasonGilholme
23-08-2006, 09:15 AM
A water temp sensor that is wet??? Isn't it supposed to be wet seeing as tho it measures 'water' temp??