PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows

odell
23-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble with my power windows on the driver side. If I keep winding the window up and down it eventually slows down and gets stuck. It comes to the point when it doesn't move at all. However, if I leave it for a bit and try winding it again, it works fine.

I'm just wondering as to what is up with it. Do I have to open up the door panel and change the motor for the power window?

Jomsy
23-08-2006, 01:36 PM
try lubing up the runners with some silicon spray, just lower the window all the way spray the runners all the way to the top, then motor the window up and down a bit and spray more on,

Zdster
23-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Sounds to me like the motor is on the way out.

odell
23-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah I'll try using the silicon spray. If that doesn't work however, you reckon I can replace the motor myself. I don't want to have to take it to the mechanic and get charged some ridiculous price just to fix my window.

Zdster
23-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah I'll try using the silicon spray. If that doesn't work however, you reckon I can replace the motor myself. I don't want to have to take it to the mechanic and get charged some ridiculous price just to fix my window.

It is a pretty straight forward repair (if it is the motor). All you need to do is remove the door trim and reach through the door (there are holes already in place) and if the coupes motors are like the hatch (which I assume they are) it is only held to the regulator with three screws - so take the old motor off and replace with new one (and just reclip the wires back together).

odell
23-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Cool thanks. I'll give it a try as soon as I get the chance. BTW, do you know where I can pick up a motor that's of reasonable price?

[[d a n n y]]
23-08-2006, 01:57 PM
nah i dont think motors...
the silicon spray will probably help u out
i got that problem in your family odyssety and it's a 03 model

CRXer
23-08-2006, 02:23 PM
If it stops because your joyriding the windows,it is meant to.
Your setting off the motor protection,they only have a certain duty cycle.
You have to leave it for a while to cool down & reset itself.

As others have mentioned,if they are not lubed up well,it will exaggerate the problem & overload them sooner.

Go to shop & buy tin of silicone spray,it will be the best tin of anything youve ever bought,good for many things.

odell
23-08-2006, 02:37 PM
If it stops because your joyriding the windows,it is meant to.
Your setting off the motor protection,they only have a certain duty cycle.
You have to leave it for a while to cool down & reset itself.

As others have mentioned,if they are not lubed up well,it will exaggerate the problem & overload them sooner.

Go to shop & buy tin of silicone spray,it will be the best tin of anything youve ever bought,good for many things.

Cool thanks. I think you're right with the duty cycle. If I leave it overnight the windows are working fine the next morning. I guess I shouldn't be testing them by continuosly winding them up and down.

EuroDude
23-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Silicon spray didnt work well for mine, I tried Graphite Powder and it was good as new :)

Chosta
25-08-2006, 01:49 PM
YEAH... my window's ****ed atm. need to change the motor and regulator. Got quoted 700-800 for it from HONDA. Anyone know where i can get a motor and regulator cheaper? 2nd or aftermarket.