PDA

View Full Version : swaybars for dc5r

VTECfreak
23-08-2006, 02:30 PM
is it true that we cannot fit any Jap brand (eg. Cusco) front swaybar on our AUDM DC5R's??

We're limited to using Whiteline and Pedders etc...?

matt
24-08-2006, 01:26 AM
i've never heard anything like that.
i know of people using JDM DC5R rear sway bars so i cant see why you soulcn't use cusco etc

VTECfreak
24-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I dunno, i remember reading this a while ago, it was either in here or ClubRSX.
Can't fit the Jap brand front swaybars due to the suspension being different at the front on the JDM DC5 compared to our DC5's.

I've tried searching but can't find that same post. Maybe i made this up?! Hehe..don't think so tho.

matt
24-08-2006, 12:53 PM
oh sorry i was talking about rear sway bars.
you might be right about front bars, but when you upgrade headers on dc5r you need to fit an EP3 front sway bar so perhaps look at an EP3 bar

DC5TYPER
24-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Doesnt fit because JDM DC5R's use a different LCA because of the Brembo set-up. You can use many USDM brands for a Aust Spec DC5R cos the RSX Type-S Uses the same LCA. I use Whiteline on my car and it's Adjustable. It's not bad for its price. Retail average is around $250AUS each for a Whiteline Adjustable Swaybar, both front and rears are 24mm and are solid inside the bars.

mikul_ha
05-04-2007, 03:24 PM
is this a possible combo?
toda header + cusco swaybar + jdm LCA

im looking into getting the front cusco swaybar, nothing else is needed for the above set up?

EG5
05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
is this a possible combo?
toda header + cusco swaybar + jdm LCA

im looking into getting the front cusco swaybar, nothing else is needed for the above set up?

yes it is do-able with mugen or jdm front LCA

alternatively, you guys can go for EP3-R aftermarket front sway bar, direct bolt on :thumbsup:

mikul_ha
05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
i got a hold of jdm lca's and now ive been told i also need to change the lower ball joints + sub axel for them to fit into my dc5r. can anyone shed some light on this...

also read something about sleeves to be pressed into the lca so it can use the dc5r "smaller" ball joints. if this is needed for the jdm lca's to fit where can i source some of these, and how much?

munkaii
22-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Did you end up figuring out what happened with the ball joint?

i got a hold of jdm lca's and now ive been told i also need to change the lower ball joints + sub axel for them to fit into my dc5r. can anyone shed some light on this...

also read something about sleeves to be pressed into the lca so it can use the dc5r "smaller" ball joints. if this is needed for the jdm lca's to fit where can i source some of these, and how much?