PDA

View Full Version : Questions of rego?!ASAP

civicVI
23-08-2006, 06:00 PM
My firend is in VIC sell his car to somebody who live in NSW! but the buyer just call my friend say his car can't get the REGISTRATION in NSW and he already ring RTA.. they say that car have been a big accident in RTA's record!!!!
And my friend's is a second owner of that car and he owned it about 2 years B4 my friend bought the car from the first owner.. he was ring VicRoads! and VicRoads haven't got any record of this car!!
how come RTA have record of this car and VicRoads haven't:confused: ?! that car just a AUS 2001 civic! Anyone can help!my friend is so worry because he want to help the new buyer in NSW!! any suggestion??
thanks a lot!

bungsai
23-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok, let me clarify this how i see it so other users might not get so confused.

civicVI has a friend that wants to sell a car to NSW.
Prospective buyer has done a REVS check and it says that the car has been in a big accident.

civicVI's friend has no knowledge of accidents as he did a VICROADS check when he bought the car.

I think someone may be lieing here. Possibly the guy from NSW lying to make u lower the price? best to call RTA themselves and do a check.
Also ar eyou 100% sure that your friend called vicroads when he initially bought the car?

dsp26
23-08-2006, 06:41 PM
coz their not linked and they will not disclose info... like this b*tch from vic who hit me in nsw... took 11months to sort out insurance payout.

anyway as for your mates scenario this is most likely what happened:
- bought in NSW as a write-off REAL cheap from auctions
- taken to VIC and repaired and registered.

people do this as a way to scam REVS to make profit on cars and rebirthing... big big no no. but i know this is done on "repairable write-offs". your scenario dictates that the vehicle was purchased as a "statutory write-off" which means it can NEVER be road registered in the state of accident EVER!

bungsai
23-08-2006, 06:53 PM
coz their not linked and they will not disclose info... like this b*tch from vic who hit me in nsw... took 11months to sort out insurance payout.

anyway as for your mates scenario this is most likely what happened:
- bought in NSW as a write-off REAL cheap from auctions
- taken to VIC and repaired and registered.

people do this as a way to scam REVS to make profit on cars and rebirthing... big big no no. but i know this is done on "repairable write-offs". your scenario dictates that the vehicle was purchased as a "statutory write-off" which means it can NEVER be road registered in the state of accident EVER!

Thats explains things then, the databases are not linked, good stuff mate. ++pq

Either way, it only says in nsw that the car has been in a big accident, statutory or repairable, it might not have even been a write off.

civicVI
23-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok, let me clarify this how i see it so other users might not get so confused.

civicVI has a friend that wants to sell a car to NSW.
Prospective buyer has done a REVS check and it says that the car has been in a big accident.

civicVI's friend has no knowledge of accidents as he did a VICROADS check when he bought the car.

I think someone may be lieing here. Possibly the guy from NSW lying to make u lower the price? best to call RTA themselves and do a check.
Also ar eyou 100% sure that your friend called vicroads when he initially bought the car?

i don't think the buyer lieing.... because he already pay $$ to my friend and drive the car back to NSW!!he just ring my friend to discuss what he can do now.

civicVI
23-08-2006, 07:33 PM
so thats mean that car can't registration anymore in NSW?! what things the new owner can do now??!

Zilli
23-08-2006, 09:13 PM
when a car is total losses, or written off, it goes on what is called a "wrecks register" in NSW. This is essentially a joint insurance company/RTA scheme whereby the Insurer fills in the approrpiate form and sends it off the the RTA

This allows the insurance company to

1) transfer ownership and take the remainder of registation
2) notify authorities such as the RTA that the vehcile is a total loss, whether it be an economical one, or statutory as listed above

i always thought the register was national, obviously not

dsp26
23-08-2006, 09:59 PM
thanks bungsai :thumbsup:

even if it was a statutory write-off it may have not been that bad. ANY damage incurred to the B-Pillars is considered a statutory write-off also.

civicVI: in terms of legal action towards the original owner, nothing can be done as it is a known loop-hole and unfortunately quite common.
not to be a dickhead also and not condoning it, however if your friend followed the "correct" procedure for selling a car and wrote out a contract and both parties signed then the buyer cannot do anything about it either.

Fo55il
26-08-2006, 07:28 AM
oh - so if the car is a write off in victoria u cant register it in victoria? correct?
+
Ppl who got cars in Victoria wid like them long SA/WA plates - Does it mean they live there and own ahouse there hence can re-register the car or can anyone do this? Like if i live in Victoria i can get a WA plate??? Or am i dreamin???