PDA

View Full Version : How long to Rating 1?

Breezy
23-08-2006, 07:50 PM
How long does it take to get to rating 1 for insurance? Do your ratings go up only if your on comprehensive insurance?

nugget666
23-08-2006, 07:52 PM
yes you need comprehensive as far as i know

but when i first went for comp insurance they put me on a rating four instead of 5.

EKVTIR-T
23-08-2006, 07:54 PM
No you dont have to be full comp and rating increases yearly with no at fault claims.

string
23-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Some insurance companies give you increased no-claim from only 3rd party, others give it but over a longer period, and some nothing at all. It's definately one thing to look up when choosing who to go with, since insurance is one of those costs which really adds up and is unavoidable.

KWICKS
23-08-2006, 08:09 PM
All kids who are listening....do a deal with your folks to go on their policy as soon as you get a licence. Sure your folks will fork out a bit extra, hopefully not much as most is recovered by a huge age excess, but you will get rating points towards your own insurance when you need it. I got my first insurance at at 21 and it was worth $2500pa or 50% of my car! Hindsight is a great thing...

sassy_fit_vtit
23-08-2006, 08:39 PM
when u are taking out ur first insurance policy you are a rating 6 and every year if u dont make a claim u go up one rating doesnt matter if u have changed companies either eg, im on my 2nd year of motor insurance and i am currently rating 5

EK9
23-08-2006, 08:48 PM
wot everyone's said sounds about right... but really it depends on you and what company you're goin with. i never had insurance under my name or with my parents and then i got full comp last yr and cos i hadn't claimed any accidents in 5 yrs, i got rating 1 with Just cars. But then you are paying a lil premium if you're under 25 and you claim.

DomenEK
24-08-2006, 08:44 AM
All kids who are listening....do a deal with your folks to go on their policy as soon as you get a licence. Sure your folks will fork out a bit extra, hopefully not much as most is recovered by a huge age excess, but you will get rating points towards your own insurance when you need it. I got my first insurance at at 21 and it was worth $2500pa or 50% of my car! Hindsight is a great thing...
I did this. As soon as I got my license I got insurance under my parents' name, with me as the primary driver. When I went for my own insurance policy (full comprehensive), they put me straight on to a rating 1 - and I was only 23 :thumbsup:. I was paying ~$600/yr with all my mods listed on my own policy.

Spunkymonkey
24-08-2006, 08:27 PM
As others have mentioned, it depends on the insurance company. My sister had 3rd party with GIO and she got a rating from it, so when it came to getting full insurance they put her up to rating 2 or 3. Luckily I'm on rating 1 WOOHOO.

bungsai
25-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I have had one at fault accident.

3rd year driving on full comp - i am a rating 3.

I think AAMI and Just Car do a - If you get no claims whilst you are on your P's, when you get off them (21) you get automatic rating one.

i blew that 8 months into driving*booo...

IS250
25-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I've only ever had 3rd party with Just Car since 2003. If I switch to Full Comp then I'd be Rating 1. If I switch to AAMI Full Comp then I should be rating 2 but since my parents are also with AAMI, I get moved up to rating 1.

civ_sik
25-08-2006, 03:48 PM
quick question... i was involved in an accident, which was deemed not my fault. i told my insurance company and they sorted it all out...
would this affect my rating?

IS250
25-08-2006, 04:06 PM
quick question... i was involved in an accident, which was deemed not my fault. i told my insurance company and they sorted it all out...
would this affect my rating?

If you got the other guy's details then no it shouldn't affect your rating.