PDA

View Full Version : iPod with 06 Civic VTi-L

bahloo
24-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Just got my Civic about a month ago. Was wondering if anyone out there managed to buy or fix anything that would allow the stereo to connect to and control an iPod. I've asked Honda and they don't seem to have anything available.

I know the Civics sold in South East Asia have an aux jack but I was hoping for something more, something that had proper iPod integration where I could control the iPod with the steering wheel controls. I've read about the Dension Icelink but it doesn't say anything about being compatible with the new Civics.

Thanks in advance.

xenfacta
24-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Advanced Ice do them. Heres the link.

http://advancedice.com.au/compatability3.php

It plugs into the jack for a cd changer in the boot ( i know its useless in the vti-l). I know that the hybrid comes with an aux jack as well, so ask what the difference is between them. the advanced ice system lets u change between songs using the buttons on your wheel.

bahloo
25-08-2006, 01:31 PM

It plugs into the jack for a cd changer in the boot ( i know its useless in the vti-l). I know that the hybrid comes with an aux jack as well, so ask what the difference is between them. the advanced ice system lets u change between songs using the buttons on your wheel.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if anyone out there has already installed one and which one would you all recommend.

Thanks.

JaCe
12-11-2006, 06:54 PM

When you say useless in VTi-L, are you referring to in terms of usability or because there is no way to use it with the VTi-L?

I know on the VTi-L, our CD button is labelled "CD/AUX" which implies that it could still support AUX input. The only question is, will that be enough to work with something like the Denison Ice Plus and allow me to control it with the steering wheel controls. I figured, if someone is going to go for an iPod kit which lets them control it, they'd probably do it because they had steering wheel controls- and since those only come with the VTi-L/Sport/Hybrid which all have the stacker...

xenfacta
12-11-2006, 08:07 PM
it works on the vti-l

rhk
12-11-2006, 08:36 PM
why dont you get an ipod fm modulator?

i have one for my iriver (cost about 15$) and it just tunes into an unused fm frequency and plays good.

xenfacta
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
had about 3, all shite

JaCe
12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
had about 3, all shite

I've used some crappy 3rd party ones. My mates have had the official iTrip and it sounded okay in their stock sound systems- but I don't think it would go down too well in my sound system.